1979 Pontiac Firebird T/A
Price: US $18,900.00 Item location: Corinth, Mississippi, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 065238
- VIN: 2W87W9L203923
- Transmission: Automatic
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Pontiac Trans Am
- 150 bhp
- Top speed of 119
- 4.9 liter 301 cui v8 engine
- 3 speed automatic transmission
- The Trans Am gained immense popularity from the 1977 film Smokey and the Bandit
- This is an original car that has had a repaint several years ago. It has minor scratches and on the drivers door the paint is knocked off where someone opened the door in the garage and hit the wall. You can also see some crow footing in the hood. This car looks to have the correct miles that is showing on the odometer. I CAN NOT prove that but by looking it over it looks like its a low mileage car. The car was bought at an Auburn Indiana R/M auction a few years ago and put in our museum. The paint code is 11L. The interior is in great shape. The door panels are showing ware on the lower portion, they look to be original. The sun visors look a little worn but look to be original. All the gauges work perfect, even the clock. I drove the car about 35 miles yesterday and the oil pressure was 40 to 45 psi after the engine reached 195 degrees. The speedometer works and does not jump. The tack works as well. The radio works and the cassette player too. All the speakers work. The A/C works great. The temperature was 93 yesterday when I drove it and it blew cold and the engine did not get above 195. This car has four wheel disc brakes that work great. The tires are new. If you noticed the car has the wrong eagle and engine size on it. IT IS NOT A 6.6 ENGINE ITS A 4.9 301 ENGINE. I guess the body shop that painted it ordered the incorrect decal kit. Overall this car would make someone a good daily driver, or cruise in it on the weekends or show it at your local car show. This car has some of the options that the WS6 car has. Four wheel disk brakes,the larger rear sway bar, 0.750. The other standard bar is 0.625. 15 x 8 inch snow flake wheels. We cant find the build sheet or the GM service parts identification sticker. You do yourresearch to make sure its a true WS6 car. We cantconfirm thats its a true WS6 car.
- Cash or money wire only. DO NOT bid if you have a negative history unless you ask me first. If you need permission from your wife or significant other, or whomever please ask them before you bid. do not waste your time or mine. Always remember happy wife, happy life. This car is for sale locally. I may end the auction early if it sales. Thank you for your consideration. Thanks for looking.