Classic Pontiac GTO 1966 - Completely Restored
Price: US $48,000.00 Item location: Palm Coast, Florida, United States
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: GTO
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 70,384
- VIN: 242176G119590
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 327 Chevy Turbofire
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Pontiac GTO1966 PONTIAC GTO
HISTORY OF CAR:I purchased this beauty from my older brother in 1973, who had purchased it originally in 1970. Lovingly driven for 2 1/2 years then placed in my parent's garage in 1976 as I enlisted into the US Army and was stationed with the 509th Airborne in Europe. Upon completing my tour of duty in 1979 she was briefly driven and then returned to storage until 2016 when I decided to undertake a Full Restoration which was finally completed in March 2018. The 1966GTO has never been in any collisions or accidents.
RESTORATION DETAILS:This vehicle has had a total frame-up restoration. The frame has been removed and put in a rotisserie where every inch was Completely sanded and renewed. The original front brakes have been replaced with powered disc brakes.
- Power Steering
- Air Conditioning
- New Interior Seating/Upholstery
- New Carpeting
- New Headliner
- The Powertrain in this 1966 GTO is a 327 Chevy engine, rebuild with under 2000 miles. Hardly broken in. It has headers, new carburetor, Edelbrock manifold and exhaust system. There is a new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. The transmission is an M 21 Muncie with a Hurst Shifter going back to a 390 posi-traction rear.