1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona Pace Car & 150+ Piece Collection Lot Automobilia
Price: - Item location: Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- SubModel: 25th Anniversary Daytona 500
- Type: Coupe/T-top
- Trim: Firebird Trans Am
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 30,164
- VIN: 1G2AW87S0DN213259
- Color: white/gray
- Engine size: 305 crossfire injection
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird Trans AmThis is your opportunity to own a sweet ride and auto collection.
Up for sale is a 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 25th Anniversary pace car and a 150+ piece collection of accessories, automobilia, books/papers, jackets, window louvers, parts, taillights, wheels, and hubcaps.
Own perhaps the most complete 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona collection. Drive a classic, bid today.
***** Check it all out in the 250+ high resolution pictures here. *****
The 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona was built by Pontiac to commemorate the pace car used for the 1983 Daytona 500, the 25th Anniversary of The Great American Race. Only 2,500 were built, and this one is in great shape. In 1983, this was THE Pontiac to own.
The car here is a very nice example of an early third generation Trans Am. Low miles. Original car. Under my watch, I located AERO wheels, BF Goodrich tires, bowling ball hubcaps, a GM louver, and restored these accessories to be good enough to be added to this sweet ride. Straight body. No rust. T-tops. Special edition 25th Anniversary Daytona 500 package (badges, floormats, etc.). 305 Crossfire Injection, automatic, runs great when I take it out for a spin. Car turns heads everywhere. Interior is looking sharp with Recaro seats. Even have original window stickers! Engine/undercarriage solid, was rustproofed early in its life.
When I first saw this car, I realized that it was too nice to drive and too nice to convert to KITT/KARR. It was my job to preserve this car. And preserve it I did. I put on very few miles, enough to get it solid; I changed the brake booster, brake caliper, spark plugs, (had professionally cleaned and tested) fuel injector, fuel filter / hose, air filters, fluids, and belts.
These days, I don't have time for the car so it has been resting in the garage for some time. The car drove great the last time it was out; solid brake pedal, tight steering, good power. When you're out with the car, be prepared to chat with spectators!
As with any 35 year old car, expect some minor issues. Minor issues I recall are: the air conditioner does not blow cold, battery needs changed, and the trunk key cylinder is loose. Bodywise, the worst areas are: a small dent with scratch on mid door, a credit card size scratch on lower door, and pitted door handles (new handles and Fuel Injection logos are included in this listing). Check out the pics here.
For many years, Pontiac was the official pace car of NASCAR. I dug deeper and realized this this 1983 Trans Am Daytona style was used as a pace car for more than the 1983 Daytona 500... it was used at the 1983 Busch Clash, Firecracker 400, and more! As such, I started collecting: items specific to the 1983 Trans Am Daytona, 1983 Daytona 500, 1983 Firecracker 400, Pontiac, Trans Am, wheels, hubcaps, automobilia, and the list goes on and on.
The 150+ piece collection that I amassed is detailed below. Check it all out in the 250+ high resolution pictures here. Spare Wheels/Hubcaps (in addition to the AERO wheels and bowling ball hubcaps on the car)
- 4 15inch turbofinned wheels (wheels that were special ordered in 1983, original to the car)
- 4 Pontiac hubcaps for turbofinned wheel (are original to the car)
- 4 15inch turbocast wheels
- 23 15inch bowling ball hubcaps (some have bodywork started, some have bodywork done)
- 4 14inch turbocast wheels
- 7 14inch bowling ball hubcaps
- 15 Pontiac arrowheads taken from bowling ball hubcaps
- 3 Trans Am hubcaps (from older Trans Am)
- 4 Pontiac centers (not sure which wheel these work for)
- OEM NOS GM louver in box with hardware, never assembled
- assembled louver with brake light (no hardware)
- 3 piece louver (cannot find hardware at the moment..)
- driver/passenger 15th anniversary Trans Am taillights
- 3 Trans Am taillight centers
- 3 driverâ€™s side Trans Am taillights
- 2 passenger's side Trans Am taillights
- 1 taillight center Trans Am bird (NOS)
- 1 calendar with 1983 Trans Am Daytona on front (mint)
- 3 Trans Am sales books
- 2 1983 Daytona 500 books
- 1 1983 Busch Clash book
- 3 1983 Firecracker 400 books
- 2 other Daytona 500 books
- 5 tickets to 1983 Daytona events
- booklets (for radio, etc)
- Haynes book
- Chilton book
- 1982 Trans Am service manual
- 1983 Trans Am owners manual
- window stickers
- 3 1983 Trans Am Daytona articles
- 1 stock photo 1983 Trans Am Daytona
- 1 postcard of 1983 Trans Am Daytona pace car
- 83 Firebird press release
- 2 1983 Daytona leaflets
- 1 25th Anniversary Daytona 500 shirt
- 4 jackets (3 different 25th anniversary Daytona 500 jackets, 1 jacket with custom artwork)
- 2 25th Daytona 500 hats (1 lining bad)
- 3 NOS door handles
- 2 NOS fuel injection door handle logos
- plug wires
- 2 AC Delco oil filters
- 7 NOS 25th Anniversary Daytona 500 badges
- 2 Recaro support pad
- 6 individual splash guards (NOS)
- front license plate holder
- custom fit diamond plate floor mats (front/back/trunk)
- custom fit Covercraft car cover
- custom fit sun visor
- spare t-tops and GM t-top bag
- dashmat (my dash is perfect, so this was never needed)
- custom fit car bra
- 4 Ertl Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 25th Anniversary 1/16 diecast new in box (made in USA)
- black Trans Am Ertl
- unopened Trans Am model 1/16 mpc
- Knight Rider model (w/ led scanner .. model was partly started)
- Alphabet City dvd (has 83 Trans Am Daytona in movie!)
- 9 Daytona/TransAm/Nascar patches
- 3 Daytona/TransAm pins
- 5 small diecast Trans Am cars
This is perhaps the most complete 1983 Trans Am Daytona collection ever made available.
The car was well taken care of for the first 35 years; you can continue the tradition. Own a classic, bid today.
More pictures here.
Sold as is. No returns. Car and collection will be released after payment is cleared. The buyer is responsible for shipping the car and the collection. A nonrefundable $1000 deposit is due via paypal within 48 hours of sale.