1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Convertible Rare 5 Speed Very Low Miles CA Car!!!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 62,759
- VIN: 1G2FW33F4NL211528
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5.0 305 TPI V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Pontiac Trans Am
I am selling my 1992 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Convertible. I am the second owner of this VERY RARE and LOW MILEAGE collector car. My Trans Am convertible was special ordered by the original owner from Martin Pontiac Cadillac GMC in West Los Angeles in January 1992, and the way it was ordered makes it a one of a kind third generation f body convertible. It was ordered with a factory 5 speed manual transmission. It is 1 of 94 1992 Trans Am convertibles that were equipped with a 5 speed Borg Warner T-5 manual transmission. It is also equipped with the 5.0 Tuned Port Injection motor. The transmission and motor are both numbers matching and original to the car, and the car only has 62,759 original miles! It was also ordered in red with a black top, black cross lace GTA wheels and grey leather seats and interior. It has the original set of pretty clean GM floor mats, a fully refurbished and upgraded RARE and correct factory Delco CD player radio, and it still even has the Martin Pontiac license plate frame on it! There is definitely not any other 3rdgen f body convertible that was built with this exact configuration, especially fully documented and withunder63,000 original miles.
I have every maintenance record from day 1 for this car and all original documentation including the following: I have the original window sticker, allownersmanuals,protectoplate, dealer delivery and inspection sheet, purchase contract, thank you letter from Pontiac and documentation directly from Pontiac stating this this car is 1 of 94 1992 convertibles with a 5 speed manual transmission.
The car is in clean mainly original condition, and the past three and a half years I have started to restore this car to perfection and done a lot of work to it. The dash and most interior plastics are in excellent condition and do not have any cracks. (The plastic trim on the convertible top bow and the trim panel where the sun visors are located are cracked and the plastic piece around the seat belt retractor on the driver side is cracked. The shifter plate on the console underneath the center console arm rest cover also has a crack, in addition to both of the door panel black trim pieces at the top being warped from the sun). I do not currently have much free time to work on it, so I figured I would consider selling it to someone who has more time and would like to have one of the best, most unique and rare third generation F bodies that were made. Here is a list of things that have been recently upgraded, restored or replaced on my TA ( it really drives and handles phenomenally now!!!):
1. Brand new flywheel and all components: all were replaced approximately 12,000 miles ago, using all GM parts at Martin Pontiac Cadillac in Los Angeles.
2. Brand new Accel Fuel injectors.
3. All new gaskets for upper and lower intake manifold and valve covers.
4. New IAC.
5. Brand new Pertronix flame thrower distributor.
6. NOS GM upper and lower radiator hoses.
7. NOS GM washer fluid tank, hosing and wiper arms and wiper blades.
8. NOS GM coolant overflow tank.
9. Tokico HP blue front struts and rear shocks with new GM front camber plates.
10. Refinished original GM wonderbar.
11. Front and rear GM 1LE end links and front and rear greasable energy suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings.
12. Chris Alston ChassisWorks black welded inner Subframe connectors.
13. Spohn Black welded outer Subframe connectors.
14. Brand New Hawks 17x9 GTA wheels with brand new BF Goodrich g force comp 2 tires size 275/40/zr17 at all 4 corners.
15. NOS GM gas pedal and clutch and brake pedal covers.
16. NOS GM tachometer.17. Throttle body coolant bypass modification and JET throttle body air foil.18.New AC Delco battery about 6 months old.19. Bothoriginal headlamp motors rebuilt with a TDS premium rebuild kit.20.New front Pioneer speakers.21. New fuel pressure regulator.22.New/NOS GM spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, coil, PCV valve and fuel filter.23.K&N replacement air filter24.NewCatbackFlowmasterexhaustsystem.25.Serviced rear end and replaced diff cover with a New/NOS GM diff cover.26.Serviced transmission.27.New rear plastic window.28.New/NOS GM hood lift struts29. Clean used original and hard to find medium grey door panel cup holders, NOS GM screw covers and a clean used original GM front driver side seat belt receiver that isnâ€™t cracked.
As you can see I have invested a lot of time, care and money into this car. I have only used the finest parts, including as many new old stock NOS GM as possible.To make the car show quality I would still do the following things:1. Recover the seats and install new carpet.2. New paint job (there are some dings and scratches and clear coat peeling- please see all pics).3. Replace the few cracked plastic interior trim pieces that I mention in the ad above.
I have tried to represent the car very accurately and throughly. It is a 26 year old car and is not in perfect condition. Itâ€™s a great cruiser and with doing the few things I just mentioned it would be an amazing show car. Itâ€™s a clean car with zero rust and has never spent a day outside of west Los Angeles. Please ask me any questions you have. My name is Shawn and you can contact me at 310-279-6974
Here is a link to about 100 photos of it: http://s104.photobucket.com/user/camaro097/slideshow/1992%20Pontiac%20Trans%20Am%20Convertible