1973 Firebird Formula 400 Ram Air Matching #s Survivor
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Firebird
- SubModel: Formula 400
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 83,400
- VIN: 2U87T3N111408
- Color: Buccaneer Red
- Engine size: 400
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Currently not in car but have most of it., Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Auto TH400
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
Here is your chance to own a very straight original survivor real Ram Air car. This is a matching numbers car with the 400 CID and TH400 Tranny. The gears have been changed to 3.73 and is great on back roads and city driving but highways not so good. Very fast off the line and goes down the road straight as an arrow. It was sold to me by another ebayer as a rust free car and mostly it is. The right front fender lower has some rust other than that the car is very straight. This is a Factory AC car which is not in the car currently. The person who removed it did it correctly with the correct factory heater box cover In the engine compartment. The interior is a 8 out of 10. Seats are driver quality and the head liner has a small tear towards the back. I have the PHS and discovered that the code for the Ram Air was not highlighted. I did highlight it because it does have the functional ram air as you can see by the pictures. My best guess is that either the first owner or 2nd went to the dealer and had them replace it with the functional Ram Air. I was able to find the UPC code for the Ram Air Hood and it is a WU3.
You can look at the PHS and see for yourself.Click on the picture link and double click on the picture and it will enlarge so you can read it better.
This vehicle comes with a New Hampshire clean title so it can go anywhere in the world along with a copy of the current registration tags.
Please feel free to call me with any and all questions 603-620-9599
The great things about the car:
1. The engine and transmission have been rebuilt in August of 2004. The gentlemen spent $5,805.55 rebuilding the engine alone. This was done by FX Engines in Mokena, L. I was told by the person who sold me the car that the tranny and perhaps the gears where done around the same time. The TH400 has been rebuilt and has a very nice mild shift kit.
2. Car goes down the road straight and with no vibrations.
3. This car no matter where you go or drive you are constantly getting thumbs up and people waving at you all the time. It has eyes.
4. I did put an alarm in it because of all the curious people looking into the car. The alarm now locks the doors automatically once the engine is started with the doors closed. If you leave the driver’s door open and started it, t will not lock the doors. Once you shut off the ignition it will automatically unlock the doors.
5. Has the 15” stock rally rims and tires.
6. Turn the key and go have fun.
The things that I learned about the car that were not divulged by the previous seller are as followed:
1. Driver’s side window is missing a bolt that keeps window in correct position and thusallowing it to rise beyond the max height. If you crank the window too high it will hit the top of the roof line. Simple fix but needs to be mentioned. Also the glass is not original and marred.
2. Trunk tension rods don’t seem to hold the trunk up but I did purchase another set used. Not sure it that is the problem or not.
3. Shift linkage from the tranny to the steering colum under the hood was missing which operates the backup lights and safety neutral switch was missing. Looks like when they did the exhaust the removed it. I did purchase the linkage and tried to have it installed but it may have been the wrong linkage. I have another linkage set that you can try on it. Again another easy fix if you know what you are doing.
4. There are various small dents and one sign of touch up on right front lower fender and maybe small other areas too. I would say it sports 90% of its original paint and all its original sheet metal.
5. The heater blower motor is in the car but It does not seem to turn on. Not sure if it is a fuse or what. I did buy an NOS blower motor that I can throw in if the selling price is right.
6. There are a few oil leaks, . Pinion seal is leaking a little 2. Valve cover near the back is my best guess Is leaking a little. Nothing serious either way.
7. The lower front cross member has bottomed out prior to my ownership. Just want no surprises like I got when I bought it. See picture.
8.Front seat belt latches are missing but many years are the same. I found this out by lots of research.
AC Parts and misc. Original intake etc.
Here are a few pictures of things that I learn after purchasing the car and mentioned in my description above. The pictures make it look worse than it really is because of the close up