1971 Pontiac GTO Coupe
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: GTO
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 22942
- VIN: 242371Z102686
- Color: Red
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Pontiac GTO1971 Pontiac GTO Coupe
This 1971 Pontiac GTO coupe is production number 454 of just 9,497 GTOs produced in '71. Recently pulled from long term storage after being meticulously restored and upgraded, this example has had only a handful of miles put on the chassis and engine since the restoration was completed. Wearing â€˜Classic Red' paint by PPG, this GTO is offered for sale with a valid New York State registration and bill of sale.
During the restoration, the vehicle was stripped of all paint and any corrosion areas were addressed. The exterior paint displays as new and is able to be brought to a high luster. Paintwork was performed by Ray Kerjean. Chrome and brightwork are in good condition with no major pitting or other corrosion evident. The period correct aftermarket wheels are new equipment and were installed over a high end Wilwood brake kit on both front and rear axles.
The interior of the vehicle is free of tears and major defects. The black vinyl seats, both front and rear, are in good condition and present well. The red carpeting wears â€œGTOâ€ embroidered mats and shows minimal signs of staining or other issues. The interior was upgraded with an aftermarket tachometer. The original tach is still located in the factory hood location.
During the restoration, the engine was upgraded to a new GM 350 cubic inch crate motor and mated to a 4-Speed M22 transmission with a Hurst style shifter. Additional gauges were added to the interior to monitor engine vitals. The engine starts with no drama and pulls well throughout the power band. The clutch was upgraded during the restoration and engages smoothly in all gears. The factory hood catch is in place and hood pins were added for extra safety during the restoration.
This 1971 Pontiac GTO coupe was restored, upgraded and immediately put into secure storage and now offered for sale for the first time. With multiple modern-day upgrades, this GTO is a striking tribute to the past while combining modern technology to add comfort and safety. A prime example of a highly sought-after GTO model, the new owner will be able to enjoy this vehicle for just a fraction of the original restoration cost.
Black Bridge MotorsImage Gallery
The successful high bidder will submit a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at the close of the auction to secure the vehicle. Payment in full must be made within 48 hours thereafter or the vehicle will be offered for sale to the next highest bidder. All financial transactions must be completed in full before delivery of the vehicle.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Wire Transfer - JPM Chase
- Certified Check
- Vehicles are sold as is, where is. All sales are final.
- We have done our best to convey the overall condition of the vehicle, however, the buyer is ultimately responsible for confirming suitability. If you have questions, please ask. Pre-purchase inspections and in person inspections are highly recommended.
- Unless otherwise stated, no vehicle warranty is offered or implied.
- Users with a feedback score less than 10 must contact the seller prior to bidding or bids will be removed.
- Seller is not responsible for any issues or damage incurred during transportation.
- Transportation must be arranged within 10 days of the auction closing date.
- We reserve the right to end the auction early for any reason.
Shipping is available worldwide. We will help facilitate shipping if necessary for the high bidder.
If you have any questions regarding this 1971 Pontiac GTO, please do not hesitate to give us a call or send an e-mail. Contact info is below:
- Black Bridge Motors