1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am White with Blue Decals Pontiac 400 V8 81k Miles
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Firebird
- SubModel: Trans Am
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Trans Am
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 81,721
- VIN: 2W87Z8N188259
- Color: White
- Engine size: 6.6L 400cid 4BBL V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
VIN – 2W87Z8N188259
White with Blue decals. Pontiac 400. Black interior. Auto, PS, PB, manual windows and locks.
Car was originally Chesterfield Brown with camel/tan cloth interior. Previous owner had it painted white. I redid the interior in black vinyl.
I have owned the car for 5 years.
The Good –
· Low miles – 81,721 original miles. Car will probably get a few more miles put on it while getting it ready to sell.
· Original engine.6.6 liter Pontiac 400 engine 4BBL V8-No modifications, stock motor as far as I know.
· Runs and drives great
· Transmission shifts great
· B&M shifter
·Manual windows and door locks
· Starter and Battery both replaced this year
· Front tires new – BF Goodrich Radial T/A’s
· Rear tires – have plenty of tread left in them. Cooper Cobra T/A’s
· Rally II Wheels-recently repainted original charcoal and silver color scheme
· I restored about 95% of the inside. Black vinyl. Metal dash against front windshield and rear window is still tan. Should be painted black to complete inside. Everything else is either new or repainted black.
o Seats (foam and upholstery) is all new
o Carpet is new
o Headliner is new
o Door panels are new
o Seatbacks are new
o Dashboard has a dash pad over the original dash.
o other plastic trim – some are new, some are repainted
o new floor mats
The Bad -
· Rust- see pictures. Rust in various places all around the car, especially drivers side. And the trunk has a lot of rust.
· Paint is so-so due to rust and age.
· Window and trunk seals leak some when it rains.
· Not the original transmission. The car was born a manual and a previous owner changed it to an automatic.
· Has an AC unit but has never had a belt on it since I have owned it. Have no idea if the AC works. Heater works, but fan only blows at low speed.
· Radio doesn’t work.
· Mufflers and tailpipes hang low. Will scrape going over speedbumps.
· Passenger side door lock can only be locked/unlocked from inside car.
· Car cover
· Original radio and faceplate. I don’t know if this radio works. Bought it out of a junked car. Faceplate is a new reproduction one.
· Extra oil filters
· And anything else I can find in my garage.
I’ve described the car as best I can. Please ask any questions BEFORE bidding. This car is almost 40 years old.
This car is being sold as is without any warranties. Please feel free to come inspect the car before the auction ends to make sure it is what you are looking for. I am not an expert but happy to answer any questions or get you more pictures. There are no refunds. All sales are final. I reserve the right to pull the auction for any reason. I reserve the right to cancel bids(low feedback/bad feedback). Less than 10 feedback contact me first before bidding. Clear title, no liens. Car is also listed locally.
A deposit in the amount of $500.00 must be received within Twenty-Four (24) hours of the auctions close by PayPal (PayPal for deposit only NOT for full payment).
Full Payment must be made by Wire Transfers, Cashier’s Check, Money Orders or Cash payable in US Dollars within 7 days of the end of the auction. Car will not be shipped until full payment is made.
Buyer is responsible for shipping cost and finding a shipping agent. I will assist on this end as best I can.
This car is being sold as is without any warranties.