1979 Pontiac Trans Am 6.6L T-Top Black Gold Bandit SE
Price: US $24,000.00 Item location: Granby, Connecticut, United States
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 38,493
- VIN: 2W87K9N106392
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 403
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: ttops, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Pontiac Trans Am1979 Pontiac Trans Am 6.6 L T-top Black n Gold w/ SE/Bandit decals
New Paint, Decals April 2017New 255/60-15 tires Nov 2015Engine, Transmission rebuilt 2104 (only 4000miles ago)Interior redone 2012 by previous owner
This car is an original Black and Gol, T Top WS4 6.6L (403ci)Trans Am. It has been given the SE/Bandit Decals and WS6 rims (restored).
Originally a South Carolina car (see 1983-84 registration sticker pic), it is VERY solid, and required minimal bodywork to prep for paint. Undercar has to be seen to be believed. No Rot, barely any surface rust.
The car is currently registered in CT. Runs and drives great. Very reliable, I would drive it anywhere with no worries.
It has been performance tuned. Performance Quadrajet by Everyday Performance LLC. Rebuilt 6.6L engine with Edelbrock intake and camshaft. Headers. Pypes Race Pro 2.5" xpipe exhaust is Quiet and fast - no resonance at speed! TH350 transmission rebuilt with shift kit and TCI Saturday Night Special Converter. 3.08 posi rear. (STILL HAVE ALL ORIGINAL ENGINE PARTS - CAM, INTAKE, MANIFOLDS)
- New seatcovers, new rug, re-dyed interior 2012 by previous owner. (interior pics from 2013 before paint and decals)_
- All new brakes, steel and rubber lines 2012 by previous owner. New booster and master cylinder2014
- New Ttop and Door weatherstrips installed after paint (2017)
- Climate Control box rebuilt, new Brass heater core.
- Complete AC system, Cruise Control systems there but not operational.
- New air dam grills, new hood latch handle, New Gold nose emblem, New Gold wheel centercaps.
- Odometer reads 38493, but I believe it to have flipped once, so true mileage is likely138493
SUMMARY: This car is not a show car, but a very nice looking and dependable driver. Turn the key and drive anywhere. THIS CAR GETS THE LOOKS!