1977 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham 2 Door Coupe 400 Original Survivor Low Mileage
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Bonneville
- SubModel: Brougham
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Landau
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 34,000
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 400 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Pontiac Bonneville LandauI am selling an absolutely GORGEOUS 1977 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham/Landau 2 door Sport Coupe! This is an amazing un-restored ORIGINAL SURVIVOR with 34,000 miles that has always been pampered, garaged, and adult owned! In my opinion, this 40 year old classic Pontiac looks better than most 4 or 5 year old used cars I have seen! This car was kept and cared for by the original family until a little over 2 years ago. Since then, it has been in collector/hobbyist hands, also well taken care of and kept under cover.
This top-of-the-line beauty is fully equipped with:
Pontiac 400/4bbl V8 (higher output than base engine, this was the largest and best engine offered that year)
Power Steering and Power Disc Brakes
All typical power equipment (windows, locks, seat, trunk release, tilt steering etc). These items are in good working order.
Landau Padded Vinyl Top
Brougham Package consisting of luxury velour interior and additional exterior trim
Optional Rear Fender Skirts
Air Conditioning (nice and cold, converted to 134A Freon)
Rally II Wheels
Full Instrumentation (gauges, not "idiot lights")
The originality of this Pontiac is incredible! The body is nice and straight with original panels. No rust issues. The blue exterior paint is 90% to 95% original and still holds a great luster and shine. Engine bay is un-restored and very presentable. Trunk compartment is immaculate with original mat. Original spare tire and 5th rally wheel appear to have never been used! Interior is stunning! It looks very close to what you would have seen 40 years ago! Seats, door panels, dash etc are not torn, faded, cracked, etc. Trim is nice and clean, not worn or dried out. The padded Landau top is bright and supple, not cracked, faded, or worn. Car is nice and clean underneath as well. Clearly this car was cared for and cherished throughout its life! Of course as with any used car, there are minor flaws such as door dings, small scratches, etc. However, this makes a better appearance than many late model used cars I have seen.
A couple of upgrades have been made:
1. Original AM/FM radio was replaced by a more up-to-date AM/FM/CD Stereo. This unit utilizes the original dash opening for the radio, as well as the original speakers. I don't see any evidence of anything having been cut or butchered for this replacement. If you didn't know this type of stereo wasn't offered back in 1977, you would think it came this way from the factory.
2. A key less entry system was added with remote key fob. This operates the door locks and the power trunk release. It is all integrated to the original power locks and trunk. Again, this was all professionally done. You can either use this or the original keys and power switches to lock and unlock. Again, if you didn't know better, you would think the car came this way. Other than the remote fob in your hand, there is no evidence of the upgrade.
Mechanically, this car is smooth and strong, as you would expect. The Pontiac 400 engine has lots of power and torque. Transmission shifts smoothly and crisply. Driving this car is like sitting in your living room, even at 75MPH! Steering and handling are great! Full sized GM cars from this era were well known for their ride and comfort. This example is no exception! I drove it on a 210 mile trip in December with no issues. It did not smoke, use oil etc, and surprisingly I averaged a bit over 18MPG on regular unleaded gas! I would not be afraid to drive anywhere I needed to go! Maintenance items that have been replaced include: muffler, tail pipe, battery, alternator, radiator, hoses, brakes, master cylinder, tune up,
and carburetor rebuilt. Tires are Michelin Radials with approximately 50% tread. Additionally, A/C system has been flushed and converted to 134A Freon. It is nice and cold.
This is a great classic that won't break the bank! You can start to enjoy it right away and take the whole family in comfort to shows and cruise-ins. Would be a great choice for old car tours as well. Original Survivor cars that have been well kept are the up and coming thing in the collector car hobby. Remember, anyone can throw gobs of money at a derelict and restore it, but THEY ARE ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE! If someone GAVE you a project car, you could not even begin to restore it for what you can buy this nice original for! I have good title. Don't miss this one!
About Me: I have been collecting and fooling with old cars for over 40 years! I favor original un-restored well kept survivor cars from the late 1950's to late 1970's. As new acquisitions are made to the collection, I have to sometimes make room in the garage by selling another. Car is located near Florence, SC about 15 minutes from the junction of Interstates 20 and 95. This is about half way between Columbia and Myrtle Beach in the east-west direction.
NOW FOR THE RULES: IMPORTANT: Please read and understand these rules BEFORE bidding. They are part of the listing terms and contract you are agreeing to when you bid. Please DO NOT bid, then try to change them later. That's not how it works. If you have questions, please ask and get answers BEFORE you bid. If you don't intend to abide by the rules, please look elsewhere.
1. Your bid is a contract! If you are the successful bidder, you are expected to pay! Please have all contingencies handled and your money in place BEFORE you bid! No retractions will be allowed, so be sure BEFORE you bid!
2. A NON-REFUNDABLE $500 deposit is due immediately on the BUY IT NOW feature through Pay Pal. I need to know you are serious and will actually follow through on your commitments. Too many people these days will agree to purchase an item, then never follow through.
3. Balance is due within 7 days of auction's close. This can be by bank wire transfer, cashiers check or cash in person. If you are paying balance upon pickup of car, it must be cash in person. This balance cannot be paid with Pay Pal.
4.Car andownership paperswill not leave here until paid in full with cleared funds. If you are paying with ANY kind of check, it must clear MY bank beforecar or paperworkwill be released. No exceptions!
5.This is sold strictly as-is at my premises with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
6. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. I will try to reasonably help and accommodate you any way I can, but it is still YOUR responsibility. Given uncertain winter weather, it can remain here for a reasonable period of time at no charge, but must be paid for within the 7 days of auction's close. You should secure insurance as I cannot be responsible for acts of God or things beyond my control once sold.
7. If you are an overseas buyer, you must pay balance due by international bank wire transfer in US funds only! Car will not be released until funds are totally cleared in my bank account. You can NOT pay the balance with Pay Pal. You can only pay the initial $500 with Pay Pal when you commit to buy.
8. If you have been an Ebay user for less than a year and/or have less than 20 feedbacks you need to call me at 206-258-0569 (NO text capability)BEFORE bidding. I understand that new Ebay members can be good customers, but due to high incidence of non-paying bidders,I need to talk to you first to know you are serious.
9.Car is advertised locally for sale. If I find a buyer through that venue, I reserve the right to end auction early. Please call me with any further questions about this. Leave message if not in. IMPORTANT: PHONE CALLS ONLY. This line will not receive text messages.
Questions???? Call me at 206-258-0569 NO TEXTS