1967 Pontiac 2+2 convertible - 4 speed car
Price: - Item location: Hobe Sound, Florida, United States
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Catalina
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 550
- VIN: 252677p284370
- Color: Mariner Turquoise
- Engine size: 428
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Muncie 4 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Parchment
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Pontiac CatalinaThis 2+2 was owned by my friend Steve for just over 20 years. During the time that he owned it, he did a complete restoration, and was putting some final touches on it before he passed away.
The car is an original 4 speed 2+2 convertible with Mariner turquoise exterior and parchment interior. It has a 428 YH motor which I do not believe is the original code to the car, though the date is 1967 model year. It has power steering, power brakes, 4 speed, a/c, tilt column, bucket seats, console, wood wheel, power windows and 8 lug wheels. It has the long branch exhaust manifolds.
A 1966 tripower unit that has been installed instead of the factory quadrajet. The car is very quiet during operation. It starts and stops and idles and drives as it should. I don't know what the ratio of the rear end is, or if it is safety trac. The 8 lug wheels are absolutely beautiful
I've driven this car and found it to be an extremely smooth car on the highway with lots of power. It could be driven anywhere in the country as is. The paint is extremely nice and the top is brand new. I looked through the receipts and saw that work had been done on the engine, though I didn't see any pertaining to a full rebuild, and frankly the engine does not need it. All new drive line items such as clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, starter, exhaust system, brakes, suspension etc. were shown in the receipts. In fact the receipts of parts and effort are in excess of the reserve price.
There is absolutely no rust on this car whatsoever.
I'm fairly picky on my cars and in my review of the car, here are the things that I made note of.
1. Paint has been polished, but some residue of buffing compound remains, and needs to be removed.
2. All seat skins are new, but the bottoms of the bucket seats have already started to split. :-(
3. A/C is complete and charged, but I couldn't get any power at the control head. I will investigate further, and hope to remedy.
4. Radio did not work, and there is no antenna installed, but the hole in the passenger side fender is there.
5. A spare 8 lug rim is included as well as the 8 lug balancing plate, Jack stalk and jack base are also included. I did not see the jack handle. Needs trunk floor mat, but inner trunk fascia is installed.
6. Fender skirts are included, but have not been painted to match the car.
7.Convertible top is brand new and nice and tight and wrinkle free. It operates like new going up and down. The knuckle on the passenger side latch has broken and needs replaced. The new replacement parts are included. Convertible boot cover is brand new and fits well.
8.Power windows work from both the master switch and individual switches except driver side rear only worked on the individual switch.
9. I don't see the gas gauge needle, I don't know if it dropped out of sight, or was missed during restoration. but I did fill the car up with gas. (slightly annoying to me)
10. Upper chrome plated pot metal trim for the passenger side fender is not installed but is included.
11. Wood wheel is from a 1969-70, and is not correct 67 style
12. Has a tripower installed. I'd put it back to 4 bbl, but that is my personal preference regarding stock configurations
13. Needs factory rubber floor mats. 2 out of the 4 are there.
In general, I like this car a lot, and if I didn't already have 4 Pontiac classics, I'd purchase it for myself. It is hard to explain the positive road feel of driving a fullsize Pontiac convertible along with the added joy of it being a stick shft.
I will assist the buyer if they choose to have the car transported instead of driving home. Deposit required within 48 hours via paypal and final payment via check, money order or cash. Title will be FED Ex'd to you upon full payment clearing.
On Oct-12-16 at 07:46:36 PDT, seller added the following information:
If this car does not hit the reserve, I am willing to make a deal with the high bidder. Car is also for sale locally, and I invite you to come and take it for a ride.