1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula,original paint,NO RUST,Cali Car, 6.6 engine.
Price: - Item location: Walnut Creek, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Firebird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Formula (WS6)
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 15,112
- VIN: 2U87K9L145071
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 403
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Pontiac FirebirdI am selling this rare 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula. 403 4 Small block carb from Van Nuys California plant.They originally build 376 Firebirds until California new emission laws forced them to move the big block productions to Norwood,OH.
I originally purchased this car for my costumer in overseas,however he ended up for not paying for this car. So after 8 months i decided to release this car on free market and get very reasonable price.
This is absolutely California,originally painted car, never was re-painted, people who sold this car to me was super positive and honest, i revived huge folder of invoices and receipts from them. I'm assuming its around 140 papers of documents ...huge file......the oldest invoice is dated of 05/198, i am assuming its very nice track of history of this particular car, if i will calculate all receipts together the amount that they invested is around $38000. Amazing...this car absolutely rust free in totally working order,every single future all buttons all lights is working.I swear i can't find any mechanical defect. The invoices and prices that stated on are not cheap, the previous owners was anxiously taking care of every little single problem. When i paid for this car and was about to drive it home ..i saw the women very upset with tears on her eyes, she and her husband was really unhappy of selling it.
1. The paint is original however slightly faded,car has some normal scratches and dents. I would say with my high requirements of standards... i would say the paint is 6,5 of 10.
The weather stripes are new and was professionally installed resonantly. I didn't do trunk yet,only doors.
2. The interior almost new, no cracks on dashboard, nothing is loose inside of the doors, no noises. This is very isolated cabin. Electric windows in fully working order. , i would say is 9,5 of 10.
3. Engine is performance of the best conditions of those old days which came to now days in fully working order, engine is working very quite and smooth, but very powerful if you hit the gas pedal...absolutely sharp, no tired and no depressed.I really like the mechanical conditions.
Mechanically i would say is 9,5 of 10.
4. The transmission was rebuild,i think all shocks,rotors,suspensions,arms,brakes are new and seams like the last overall mechanical restoration was done between 2002-2004.Like i said its ocean of invoices,ill be happy to show and give all this huge file to new owner.
5. Undercarriage looks like an art!! EVERYTHING STRONG,PROFESSIONAL AND SOLID...NO RUST!!!! No early evidence of rust, No beginning of rust.
I was told this car was always garaged and covered. I got the Pontiac-car cover from previous owner.
6, Car has 2 remotes, 2 keys,professional alarm system absolutely in working order,central lock with push button works like in modern car.
AGAIN, I REALLY FEEL ITS GOOD CAR, HONESTLY...i don't know what else i might forgot..but i have to INSURE YOU,its not depressive rusted and boring firebird. I don't really recall any negative sides, but the dents on under spoiler which i showing on the picture.
While my mechanic looked this car he was amazed of conditions.
Car has NO AIR CONDITION.I think this particular car never had AC originally.
It does have a Turbo Anniversary Wheels.
I have no idea if mileage is original, but the odometer is showing 14100, only.The most of invoices and recites showing track of low mileage, i think logically if according to invoices the biggest engine overall-rebuild was in 2001-2004, so we can assume that mileage in odometer started from there, but all overall conditions and pedals wear giving me feeling that the mileage is 42-60000 can't be more.Bc overall pain, overall glass, windows, and front windshield looks originally in very good shape.
SHIPPING: I can ship this car all over the country, also i can ship to most of the countries across the world.( Shipping is my daily work).
I'm putting very low and reasonable reserve.
thank you and happy bidding.