1978 Y88 Gold Special Edition Trans Am SURVIVOR!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Trim: Gold Special Edition
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 80,000
- VIN: 2W87Z8Lxxxxx
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 400
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Remember, cars are only original once. This is a great example of one...original paint (and decals), interior and drivetrain bought from the original owner.
This is a rare, real deal Y88 1978 Pontiac Gold Special Edition Trans Am
- -6.6L (400 cu. in.) (L78)
- -Automatic transmission
- -80,000 original miles (129,000 km)
- -2.56 posi rear end
- -Power windows
- - Correct gold-tinted T-tops (CC1) w/bags
- -Factory AM/8-track (UM1)
- -WS6 Package factory with 15x8 Snowflake wheels, larger sway bars and quick-ratio steering box
- -Upgraded interior package (Y90)
- -Original space saver spare
This car has been lovingly cared for and it shows. The body is in fantastic shape with one small rust spot on the bottom of the pass fender. The interior is very nice with a couple small things needing attention. The car starts, runs and drives excellent, could be driven anywhere. The exterior and the interior both have all the correct gold accents and trim pieces only found on the SE cars. Have GM documentation, owners manuals, receipts, etc. The build sheet should still be in the car as interior has never been out. A true time capsule that won’t disappoint.
I have a reasonable reserve set (please don’t ask) that is much lower than guide value on these cars, so you could get into this hot collectible with some instant equity. The value of this model is not going down or even levelling out any time soon.
$1000 Paypal deposit required immediately at auction end. Full payment within 3 days.
Any questions?...Please ask!
On Aug-24-16 at 15:43:33 PDT, seller added the following information:
Brand new this week:
- Tires (BFG White Letters)
- Steering Alignment (just out, the car has never been in an accident at all)
- Safety Inspection