1987 Pontiac Trans Am Survivor L98 5.7 Smokey Bandit ONLY 13k MILES!
Price: - Item location: Bristol, Wisconsin, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Type: Fastback
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 13,084
- VIN: 1G2FW218XHL214226
- Color: Black
- Engine size: L98 5.7 TPI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Pontiac Trans AmPLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE BIDDING! Fantastic survivor 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. This car has only had one registered owner and is still on it's original Idaho title from 1987. The car only has 13k ORIGINAL MILES!!! This is the first year the (B2L) L98 5.7 TPI was available in the Trans Am, and it's also the last year that the (DX1) hood bird was an option. Performance wise, this car has all the goodies, (B2L) L98 5.7 TPI V8, (MX0) 4 speed automatic transmission, (KC4) engine oil cooling system, (J65) 4-wheel disk brakes, (G80) limited slip differential, and (WS6) Special Performance Package. This car also has NO t-tops so the body is much more rigid. The car still rides on its original Goodyear VR50 tires, although they now need to be replaced due to age and wear. The car was special ordered in two tone (smokey and the bandit) Black and Gold. Also ordered with the (B20) Luxury Trim Group which included the high end seats with power lumber and sides, the (NP5) leather appointed steering wheel, and the (DK6) interior roof console. The rest of the interior is loaded with power windows, power locks, power mirrors, air-conditioning, cruise control, delay wipers, tilt wheel, AM/FM radio, power trunk release, rear window defogger, and fog lights. There is no rust on this car and never has been. The car has never been hit or repaired.
The following are the only known flaws:
1. All of the A/C system components are functional, but the system needs to be recharged.
2. The power antennae is not working.
3. There is a small hairline crack in the plastic at the top of the driver side door panel.
4. The paint has begun to oxidize on the hood, roof, and spoiler. The last six pictures detail the only body flaws. The pic of the hood vent shows there is a scratch there. The pic where you can see my reflection shows the difference between the paint on the hood and the headlight. The hood is starting to oxidize. The pic of the headlight door shows two nicks in the paint. The picture of the front right of the car shows the velcro strips that are still on the car from a previously installed bra (easily removed with adhesive remover. And the last picture shows the thin cracking of the original hood bird sticker.
5. The console on the driver side has separated a little bit as seen in the picture.
6. Although the car still has it's original tires, they are in need of replacement.
This is a gorgeous car with only 13k original miles. It is mechanically sound and runs like new. The interior still smells new! (PLEASE NOTE: for some reason the picture of the driver side interior makes it looks like the carpet in the back seat and around the pedals is stained. IT IS NOT STAINED, the carpet is perfect, for some reason the camera showed the shadows that way. The interior and carpet are gorgeous and also have the original floor mats. The car also comes with the original window sticker, the build and broadcast sheets, and is still on it's original title. The is the best of everything that 1987 had to offer. With these options it's much rarer than any GTA, it's a first year L98 (B2L) and last year(DX1) Hood Applique (hood bird), with two tone paint and the luxury interior group. What an awesome combo! This is a rare opportunity from my private collection for a very hard to find car. Feel free to contact me with questions or offers. You can call or text Jeff at (262) 672-1874. Car is sold as-is where-is. Buyer responsible for pick-up or shipping. $1000 deposit via Paypal due within 24 hours of end of auction unless other arrangements have been made with me in advance. Full payment due within 7 days. Will only accept cash on pick-up, bank transfer, or bank check (with time to clear and verify). Thanks for looking and have a great day!