1979 Pontiac Trans am Y84 Special Edition WS6 403CI V8
Price: US $15,100.00 Item location: Spring, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- SubModel: Y84 Special Edition
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 door
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 3,800
- VIN: ZW87K9L143284
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 403 ci V8 4 barrel
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Pontiac Trans Am Y84 Special EditionYou are viewing a PHS documented Y84 Bandit Edition '79 Trans Am with the WS6 performance option in great condition. It has full power windows and locks with AC. Very heavily optioned out car. Mechanically sound I drive this car every week. It has a brand new carburetor, brand new ignition, brand new plug and ignition wires, and new rear leaf springs. All of the gages and lights work as designed. The car is inspected and registered in Texas like any passenger car. To tell you how often I drive the car it has an Easy Tag toll sticker on it. The AC works and blows cold air, but as with all older Firebirds the blower does not blow hard.
As far as I know the engine is original with just at 91,000 miles on the odo. It has original designed exhaust system and catalytic converter. The T-Tops still look great and have the GM bag holders in the trunk along with the space saver spare tire.
The interior of the car is in excellent condition. There is some slight wear on the driver seat. There is very slight fading on the top of the rear seats. But very little wear anywhere else. The dash is immaculate. The dash bezel was professionally restored by known restorer. The carpet looks new. all of the glass is in pretty good shape. The car will start up first turn and go cross country. It loves to cruise.
The body of the car is in great shape. This was a west coast car. It was sold in and has some sticker from Idaho on it. I bought it from a guy in Arizona. I was told it spent a lot of time in California. The body seems to be pretty straight though there is some evidence it was hit on the rear right quarter. I think that entire quarter is new. I can't find any rust on the car at all.
Now for the bad: This is not a show car:
- The paint is a 5 or 6 out of 10. It is definitely a 15 footer. I would say at least 60% of the paint and graphicson the car is original. And they show it. Of course the pictures can not pic up allof the defectsand wear in the paint. And the car looks plenty good to drive. Just don't expect a show car.
- The interior door grab handles are both lose at the small end of the grab handle.
- The windows are power but the driver side window needs a two finger aid in rising.
- The door locks are power but the passenger side doesn't work. You can lock and unlock it manually.
- The cd and radio work but for some reason the volume control has a mind of its own.
The car is located just outside of Houston Texas on the north side. Contact me if you want to see it and drive it.
the vehicle is listed locally and I reserve the right to pull the eBay listing at anytime should it sell. If you want to make offers contact me through eBay.
Buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and costs. I can assist in getting the car loaded. it runs and drives fine so that is not a problem. Or you can fly in and drive it home.
for a walk around video of the car running paste this into your you tube search field:youtube.com/watch?v=Kbp01mZvqo0&feature=youtu.be