85 Pontiac Firebird T/A Trans Am 550 HP
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Award winning Trans Am show car.
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 116,948
- VIN: 1G2FW87F7FN227445
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 355 SBC
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Pontiac Trans Am
Up for sale is a beautifully modified, rust-free, award winning 1985 Pontiac Trans Am. I’m selling this to make room in my garage for my new toy – a first generation Camaro convertible. I’m a loyal GM guy and only own GM vehicles.
I’ve owned this car for 23 of the 31 years of its time since being born. 21 of those years were garage kept. I bought the car in 1993. The car started out with a 305 TPI with a 700R4 transmission and a 9 bolt Australian rear. The car was originally full gloss back with the checkerboard decal just above the ground effects. This was my first project car. At first, rims, stereo, minor power modifications were performed and tested. Then around 1995/1996, I was bit by the hotrod bug. I had it re-painted in 1996. It wet-sanded and painted with 2-stage gloss black paint with the ground effects getting the gloss silver to round out the two tone paint scheme you see today. The rest of the modifications under the hood and the undercarriage came over the next several years. The professionally built engine, a 350 SBC bored .030" over, makes about 400 HP and 400 lb/ft of torque withoug the bottle. There is a 150 HP shot NOS system, WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN USED. I have never raced the car, but I'm confident that it should do 12's without the bottle.
Over that time, I’ve driven the car to car shows and cruise nights. Needless to say, we’ve taken home many trophies. It is a fair-weather car ONLYand hasn’t seen road salt since the early 90’s. The pictures of the under rear carriage reinforce the care taken in preserving this gem.
This Trans Am has a Pennsylvania Collectible Vehicle (CV) plate which will transfer to the lucky buyer. The CV plate enjoys the luxuries of lifetime registration as well as emissions exemption. The CV tags were newly introduced in the late 90’s and it allowed for vehicles which were heavily modified to enjoy the amenities of some of the classic and antique registrations like no emissions required, lifetime registration, plate is transferrable. If you’re planning on registering the car in Pa., the plate will be transferred to the lucky new owner.
You won’t find a car of this magnitude, of this vintage with these modifications and in this amazing shape around.
All known receipts and documentation will accompany this car to the lucky new owner.
I am entertaining all offers. Feel free to contact me if you would like to look at the vehicle and test drive it. I'll behappy toprovide my contact number at that point.
The following modifications have been engineered…
· 350 SBC bored .030” over to 355 cubic inches
· Trickflow Twisted Wedge aluminum heads with 2.02” intake and 1.6” exhaust valves
· Crane 1.5 ratio full roller rocker arms
· Edelbrock Performer RPM polished intake manifold
· Crane Energizer cam
· Holley 4 barrel 750 cfm with mechanical secondaries
· MSD distributor
· MSD 6AL ignition
· MSD timing control
· Hooker Super Competition headers with 1.75” primaries
· Flowmaster 3” full dual exhaust with chromed tips routed out of the sides of the car
· Harwood Fiberglass cowl hood with chrome hood pins – sanded and painted on all sides
· Mirrored acrylic under the hood showing off the amazing engine
· Turbo 400 transmission (built by Trans Specialties) with a 2800 stall speed converter and a reverse manual valve body
· Custom built transmission mount bracket – you probably won’t ever see another 3rd gen. F-body with a Turbo 400 transmission
· B&M shifter
· 10 bolt posi rear with 4.10 gears
· Centerline Terminator series rims wrapped with Mickey Thompson tires: ET Streets out back 28 x 12.5-15LT and 26 x 7.5-15LT up front
· NOS Sniper system which has never been used
· Griffin aluminum radiator
· Be Cool aluminum radiator cap
· Autometer tach, water and oil pressure gauges
· Custom fiberglass door panels for speakers
· Earls braided fuel lines and fittings
· Holley electric fuel pump
· Braided hoses
· Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings all around
· Lakewood rear control arms and adjustable panhard rod
· Chrome valve covers and air cleaner assembly
· K&N air filter
· Powermaster 140 amp. chrome alternator
· Polished aluminum water pump
· March and Zoops aluminum pulleys – crankshaft, water pump, alternator and power steering pump
· Powder coated hinges
· Powder coated hood prop rod
· 6 quart zinc plated oil pan
· Royal Purple 20W/50 oil with high capacity oil filter has only been used