1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Restomod Pro Touring
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Firebird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 400 Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 92,027
- VIN: 223378UI23472
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: R4 Overdrive
- Drive type: R4 Overdrive
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Pontiac Firebird
Pontiac's upmarket version of Chevrolet's Camaro pony-car appeared in mid-1967. Brought to market as the pride of John DeLorean’s Pontiac, the original Firebird offered deluxe accoutrements, in addition competitive pony-car performance.
From 1967 to 68, Firebird offered an unusual single-overhead-camshaft inline six, available with a 4-bbl. carburetor in Sprint models. Pontiac's 326- and 400-cid engines comprised the V-8 offerings.
Firebird was little changed for ’68, with deleted vent windows and added side-marker lamps among its minor updates. A redesigned SOHC six was touted, while the mid-year 340-hp Ram Air II 400 V-8 reigned as the year's most powerful engine.
The Chevrolet ZZ4 High Output (HO) 350 crate engine - is one of GM’s most popular high performance crate engines. Its legendary status is based on an incredible performance level that is stone cold reliable. Chevy packed the ZZ4 HO with a forged steel crankshaft, hypereutectic pistons, hydraulic roller camshaft and lifters, and aluminum cylinder heads. The ZZ4 HO’s Corvette-derived high-performance heads feature high velocity intake runners and D-shaped exhaust ports to promote efficient and unobstructed flow through the engine—providing strong power and torque at all RPM levels.
The ZZ4 HO also features an aluminum dual-plane intake manifold, HEI distributor, cast iron water pump, damper, and flex-plate. The ZZ4 HO also includes an accessory drive package, fuel pump, chrome air cleaner kit, Holley 750-cfm carburetor, starter, and spark plug wires.
The ZZ4 HO comes with a full 355 horsepower and 405 lb.-ft. of torque matching Pontiac’s 1968 H.O. “The Boss”, the most powerful 1st generation Firebird.
The car also features:
· 700 R4 Overdrive Transmission with Hurst Pro Shifter
· New Dynamat sound dampening system throughout the car
· New 5:1 complete sound system featuring Panasonic Tuner, built-in front side and rear speakers, plus Audio RL sub-woofer.
· New custom built center console for entertainment center, including Sirius XM, navigation system and back-up camera
· New Dakota Digital back-lit gauge cluster
· New QA 1 Performance front and back shocks
· New front and back sway bars
· Complete security system including door locks and GPS location tracking
· New air-conditioning system
· Freshly color-sanded and newly re-chromed bumpers
For anyone who grew up appreciating American muscle cars, “these are such stuff as dreams are made on.”