1987 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM GTA 5.7L 350V8 - Chrome Illusion Flames
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Firebird
- SubModel: GTA
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Trans Am Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 87,000
- VIN: 1G2FW2185HN232394
- Color: Metallic Silver Flake
- Engine size: 5.7L 350Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Grey
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Two 12" Subs under Hatchback, 1 Dual Amplifier, Sony Xplode CD Deck with MP3 Audio Jack, In-Seat Inflatable Lumber Supports, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Pontiac Firebird GTA
Very Clean Trans Am GTA!
Clean inside and out, clean underbody, no rust issues, always garaged and never driven during the winter! (I dont even like driving it in the rain!)
It has the original injected 5.7L 350TPI engine with 87,000 miles on it and the WS6 suspension option package.
I've put over $2,000 into the engine and Transmission, its an awesome running Trans Am! I've babied it for the entire time I've owned it!
Power windows/mirrors/locks and inflatable lumbar supports in both front seats (air compressor for seats functional). Sony Xplod deck (CD player and mp3 input) w/ Dual amp and two 12 inch subs under the hatch. The flip up headlights are also fully functional, I've replaced both headlight motors.
If you Buy It Now for the full price I'm open to splitting the shipping cost with you (up to $350) if you don't live within driving distance, or just would like the car shipped anyway. Ebay has a nice tool for shipping quotes as well.
I shot a 2 part video of the Trans Am - it contains a full walk around, and a few minutes of behind the wheel running/driving. The Youtube links are:
Part 1 - https://youtu.be/aJeoMcRy2go
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/JiLgLuXcYRk
Some questions and answers:
Q)Tell me the good points - what have you done to it?
- The Automatic Transmission has been taken apart and gone through, replaced all worn parts.
- The 350TPI Motor was pulled from the car at the same time the transmission was done, and gone through. All work was done at the NAPA Auto Center in Eau Claire Wisconsin (Awesome place!)
- Front and Rear Main seals have been replaced.
- Spark Plugs, Wires, and Distributor Cap replaced.
- New Fuel System last Season. (Replaced all parts in the Fuel Tank)
- Custom Cold Air Intake with Spectre Filter (Shown in Pictures)
- New Transmission Pan Seal - and Flush.
- New Monroe Air Shocks in the Rear.
- New Heater Core.
- After Market Exhaust System.
- NO Warning lights on in dash.
- Replaced both headlight motors and one of the headlight housings.
- Custom Paint - Metallic Silver Flake with Chrome Illusion Flames (Gold in sunlight Black/Purple at night) NO Decals on the car, everything is professionally airbrushed/hand painted.
- Original Keys and a copied set
- Not smoked in by me since I've owned it (the last 9 or so years) but I think the first owner did a little bit, a long time ago.
Q) So, why are you selling it then?
A) Because I'm about to get married and start a family, and I need something with 4 doors (but I'm staying with something sporty like a Cadillac CTS or the like :)). I really do love this car and have put a ton of work into it, but I can't afford to keep it, and get another vehicle.
Q) Have you ever tracked it?
A) No I've never taken it to the track, or pushed it hard on the road really! I wanted to keep it in the best shape I possibly could.
Q) So, there must be some things wrong with this 87k Trans Am...
A) To be honest, I would like to freshen up the paint a bit, especially on the front bumper, as seen in the close up pictures. There's a few little marks here and there that don't really show up in the pictures. Also the spoiler is the original rubber spoiler, so it has the common paint problem, and needs to be repainted, since the paint didn't take well. It hasn't gotten any worse in the last few years, even with washing. There is also a split or two in the rubber, on sides of the spoiler, they are relatively small though. There is no rust underneath the car, it is amazingly clean, when I did the fuel system the sheet metal looked like it just came from the factory back there! There is a little surface rust on the bottom of the doors where the water drains are located, but it is minor. The headliner needs to be reattached or replaced, not a tough job, but I spent all my time in the engine. I would replace it with a black headliner if I was going to do it. The Power locks work, but take a couple presses due to the age of the vehicle, they could be freshened up with some new parts. There is a stain on the passenger side seat bottom that has been there since I've owned the car. There is also a small rip in the driver's seat from getting into the car with a pair of jeans on that had a big button on the back pocket....should've never worn those jeans!! :p
Q) So… the service history
A) I have receipts for most or all of the work that has been done to it professionally. Some of the work has been done by me (the more minor work). The Fuel System was done by myself and a friend of mine that is an engine builder.
Q) S, how does it drive?
A) Excellent, it corners like its on rails, the handling is superb! It corners like a sportscar, not a muscle car. The WS6 Suspension and Air Shocks make for some great handling.
Q) Cool, can I come and have a look?
A) Absolutely! If you are within driving distance, you are more than welcome to come and take a look/test drive with me! I would also be open to meeting you somewhere in between your place and mine, if you are very serious about the car.
Q) Anything else?
A) The Upgraded Stereo system sounds pretty nice, I really like the MP3 input for listening to music off of IPods or Phones. I've really enjoyed this Trans Am for the entire time I've owned it, I've taken the absolute best care I could of it. Always doing the oil changes when they needed to be done, and taking care of all issues that came up, not letting it sit or letting any issues pile up. I can't stand leaving dash lights on! I'm hoping it can go to someone who will take great care of it like I did, and maybe even finish up the interior with the couple of small things it needs :).
Contact me at 608-567-9148 if you would like some more info..or message me here on Ebay as well.
Thanks for checking out the 1987 Trans Am! :)