1970 Pontiac Grand Prix
Price: US $6,750.00 Item location: Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Grand Prix
- SubModel: Model J
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 83,896
- VIN: 276570P175587
- Color: White
- Engine size: 455 c.i.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: TH400
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Pontiac Grand Prix Model JThis Grand Prix has always been a rust free Southwest car. It was originally delivered to Albuquerque New Mexico. ( The car came with the original owners booklet showing his name and address). It was originally gold with a black vinyl top, and a green gold interior. The prior owners changed the engine from a 400 to a 1975 455ci engine. I'm assuming they did that because of the change in gasoline from leaded to unleaded. The 1975 motor runs unleaded gas. The car was originally an air conditioned car but the newer 455 engine had H.O. non AC heads on it so they eliminated the AC compressor. It has all the interior AC elements and could rather easily be put back into an AC function. My suggestion is that a newer Sanden AC unit be used because they are more efficient. I was initially excited when I found the block had the Y8 code on it. (usually Y8 means its a 455 SD engine - something special) but in further research, I found that Pontiac used the Y8 code for their 1975 455 engine as well. After checking the block numbers I found that to be true. The engine is listed as producing 290 HP in its stock state. This engine runs very strong, with no blowby whatsoever. The car is now capable of being a daily driver. I have it registered and insured and have been driving it often. I have set the newer seats on a rail system that allows someone up to about 6' 6" tall to sit in it comfortably. ( I'm 6'3" tall so I did it for me to be comfortable). So if you are shorter, you are ok as well.
The following has been done to this car...
• New 4 core all aluminum radiator with twin fans set to operate at 185 degrees
• New 110 amp high output Alternator
• Transmission has been serviced and leak proofed (new seals, gaskets etc have been installed)
• Bigger aluminum transmission pan has been installed for better fluid cooling
• The quadrajet has been professionally rebuilt. It is a 750 cfm version with electric choke
• The front end has been rebuilt ( ball joints, etc.) and aligned (drives straight as an arrow)
• The brakes have been rebuilt with new disc pads in front (rotors turned) and new drum brake shoes and pistons in the rear (brake drums were cut for proper fitment of brake shoes)
• It has new tires with a full size spare plus there is a brand new wheel on the passenger rear.
• The newer leather seats are all electric ( the original fabric seats are available with the car)
• The old AC parts that have been removed are available with the car (no compressor)
• All the lights work, the wipers work (new blades), the electric windows work, the radio does not.
• New exhaust system, from exhaust manifolds back
• New trunk seal installed
• New door lock mechanism on passenger door installed
• New spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor
• Comes with new headliner, ready to be installed
• Comes with new rear shelf panel, ready to be installed
• All hoses to and from the engine have been replaced with new items
• Comes with new drivers door lower hinge, ready to be installed
The car is ready to drive down the road. It just needs someone to give it a good paint job and work on the interior pieces. I can deliver the car (by driving it) within 100 miles of Prescott Valley AZ. Any more than that and you will have to arrange shipping. I will include all the extra bits I can find that I have acumilated for the car. The only reason I'm selling it is because I have to spend time on my other projects, mainly writing and photography, as that is what makes me a living. I will miss her as she holds a sweet spot in my mind and my soul. Any questions can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org