1966 Valiant 100 37,450 Original Miles
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Valiant
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 37,450
- VIN: VL41B65171968
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: Slant 6 225
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Plymouth Valiant
1966 Plymouth Valiant 100, 34,xxx original miles
This Valiant would be an excellent car for events as an original OEM category listing and has received extremely high marks in this type of category
This Valiant is a daily driver
Things that donâ€™t work properly or mars on the body:
- Windshield washers plugged. Motor/pump works fine.
- 4-7 door dings (see pictures)
- PR window door ledge has 5-6 areas where touch up paint was used (see picture)
- 5.0 inch very shallow crease in back PS quarter panel, underneath chrome wrap around bumper (see pictures) Paint not broken.
- (2) 4-7â€ inch tears in front seat (see picture), caused most likely by the lap belt.
- Chasing down a flickering interior light. Appears to be related to a ground issue with the interior light (loose wire, loose set screw or bulb) A work in progress. The flickering interior light is not related to the generator or voltage regulator. I am hesitant to try and remove the interior dome lens as it may be damage.
- DS upper door pin replaced. Lower door pin should to be replaced.
- Original dealer â€œpaperâ€ card missing.
- Slight minimum bluing on lower PS windshield. About the size of a small elongated potato.
- OEM cigarette light works. Full element glows. Slightly used although no odor from cigarettes.
- DS arm rest lifting. Easy fix, glue it back down?
- The steering wheel has two cracks, lower part of "V"
- See last picture closeup of trunk area where enamel paint has a crack
Good things about this Valiant
- All original paint on car and tire rims. Original OEM hubcaps. 13â€ white wall tires road worthy with 30-45% treat remaining.
- Original glass throughout as marked on door glass. Front and rear windshields unmarked (normal). Front windshield is 99% pit free.
- Original 225 6-cylinder Slant 6. All numbers match to original build sheet.OEM Holly 2-stage step down (cold start) carburetor works perfect. Pictures of engine and compartment are not altered. In my opinion, the engine and compartment has never been cleaned.
- Original owners manual with maintenance record history.
- Original floor mats and upholstery (inside and trunk) Except where noted above, all mats and upholstery are free of damage.
- Recent road trip shows 22.1-22.8 mpg highway, 17.9-18.5 mpg city.
- All interior gauges work. The fuel gauge always reads slightly lower (1/8 low).
- I would prefer to have this Valiant reviewed/inspected prior to sale. Skip the eBay folks and source a local mechanic for inspection (< $75.00)
- Your $295.00 deposit (NO PAYPAL) is fully refundable if you inspect or have this Valiant inspected by a non interested 3rd. party and choose not to purchase the Valiant. The $295.00 deposit covers the anticipated fees that I will be charged to sell this Valiant. Your deposit may be made via check, cashiers check or in cash in person. You have 5 days to tender your deposit.
- Other than the $295.00 deposit, final payment will be made to our bank. Once funds are certified/cleared, the bank will handle the title transfer. No exceptions.
- This Valiant can be stored outside and covered for free for 15 days. If you prefer inside storage, you may make arrangements to do this. I have sources to contact and it will cost you $75.00 per week.
- Once the Valiant is purchased, it is the responsibility of the buyer to insure the Valiant. The Valiant is insured through Haggerty now at an annual cost of $115.00.
- Transmission is smooth through all gears and levels
- This Valiant is completely road worthy. Bonner Springs, KS is about 45 minutes away from the Kansas City, MO. international airport. Fly in and drive it home.