1970 Plymouth Cuda, Real BS23N0B, 4-speed
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Barracuda
- Type: coupe
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 111,000
- VIN: BS23N0B242026
- Color: Rallye Red
- Engine size: 383
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: 4-speed
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Base
I have decided to put my 1970 ‘Cuda up for sale to fund other projects.
This is an actual ‘Cuda and not a clone. This is an original BS23N0B car which started life as a 383 4 barrel car with a 4 speed and console. The 4 speed transmission was replaced somewhere in it’s life with an 18-spline “Hemi” transmission. The 383 in the car is not the original block, the engine in the car is dated 1971. I have had quite a bit of work done to the ‘Cuda over the years. The car was repainted the original FE5 Rallye Red around 2003. I had the rear frame rails, trunk pan, and trunk extensions replaced with parts from Year One at that time. The right side quarter panel was replaced at some point in it's life. It's still a pretty good paint job but I would not call it a show car by any means. This is what I would call a very gooddriver quality 1970 ‘Cuda. This car has some desirable options like the A22 Rubber bumpers, premium interior with overhead console, plus it’s a 4-speed. It was originally a black vinyl top car, but that was long gone before I bought it. This car has the Fast EZ-EFI on it and it drives great. What a difference the fuel injection made in the drivability and throttle response. The rear end’s 3.23 gears make it a breeze to cruise 70 MPH on the freeway and can still easily spin the tires. I added the original 3 speaker dash bezels to the dash and installed four infinity speakers in the front and Pioneer 6x9’s in the rear of the car, so the tunes sound pretty good too. But mostly I just leave the radio off to listen to the big block rumble. I would not be afraid to drive this car anywhere and frequently drive in 2 hours to Columbus Oh and 2 hours back home for various car shows. I have taken this car to car shows and had plenty of compliments and awards. I do have the broadcast sheet, but the fender tag is missing. This is a really nice ‘Cuda but I would encourage serious buyers to come take a look before buying. If you have questions feel free to give me a call or textat 937-six3eight-nine27one, I will return all voicemails if I’m not available. Selling it for $49,500 OBO. I have described the car to the best of my ability and it is being sold as-is.
I have a lot more photos, I can send a link if you would like to see them, ebay wont let me post the link.
Recent upgrades over the last two years include:
- FAST EZ-EFI fuel injection, I worked really hard at trying to hide this system. It sure made a big difference in drivability. I hid the controller in the custom built glove box, which can be easily accessed if needed.
- Firecore RTR billet distributor and coil
- Engine, Trans, rear end were freshened up in the last 3000 Miles
- New Carpet, shifter boot, Interior is all Dynamated (actually FatMat)
- New 3-point seat belts from Wesco Performance
- New front brake pads, rear shoes, drilled and slotted front rotors
- New Cast Aluminum Magnum Road Wheels (made by Dynacorn)
- New steel front spoiler - from spoilersbyrandy.com
- 1971 383 Block, Keith Black pistons - KB162
- Hughes cam HEH1923BL-10+3 (specs below)
- Hughes valve springs - 130 lbs @1.9", 300lbs @ .500 lift
- 906 heads with 2.14 Intake and 1.81 Exh. Valves, Hardened Seats
- Mopar Performance stamped rockers
- Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
- FAST EZ-EFI
- Mopar Performance Valve Covers
- Dynomax headers, Ceramic Coated by JetHot
- Dynomax 2.5" ultraflow race mufflers
- Flowmaster mandrel bend tailpipes, with Summit brand X pipe
- Schumacher Torque strap
- 18-spline A-833 HEMI transmission
- Centerforce clutch and pressure plate
- Pistol Grip handle was re-chromed/restored by Brewer's Performance
It has manual steering and non-power front disc brakes, 26” radiator, 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. Mopar Performance frame connectors that were modified to fit and welded in.
Front end consists of 1975 Dart front spindles with Drilled and slotted front rotors, Aluminum late model master cylinder, AR engineering aluminum master cylinder adapter, Biondo line lock on the front brakes with hidden switch.
The front end was rebuilt with PST suspension kit, Factory front sway bar
Relays wired into headlights and fog lamps (hidden under the battery tray) for bright light without dimming at idle
Dynacorn (actually made by goldenleafautomotive.com) Cast aluminum Magnum Road Wheels. Most people don’t even notice that they aren’t stock 14” wheels with beauty rings.
Front - 15x7, 4" backspacing with 235/60R15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A's
Rear - 15x8, 4" backspacing with 275/60R15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A's
Factory original leather seats are showing a little wear, has factory Overhead console, there is an Autometer Tach on steering column, gauges under dash, Rallye Dash, Clock was rebuilt with Quartz internals, JVC stereo
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda
Vin # BS23N0B242026
2 03 E76175 Vehicle order number = build date = February 3, 1970
23 Two Door Hardtop
N 383 cid V8 4 bbl carburetor
0 Model Year = 1970
B Hamtramck, Michigan
242026 Assembly Plant Sequential Serial Number
Broadcast Sheet Codes
E63 383 cid V8 4bbl carburetor (HP) 335 HP
PR Interior Trim Code = Premium, Type Seat = Leather Bucket Seats
V01 Mono-tone Paint
A22 Front and Rear Rubber Bumpers
* Elastomeric Front and Rear Bumpers - Red only
* Remote-Control Racing Mirror-Left Outside - Red Only
* Racing Mirror-Right Outside - Red Only
* Belt Molding
* Deck Panel Molding Treatment
A62 Rallye Instrument Cluster
* Variable-Speed Wipers with Electric Washer
* Electric Clock
* Heater Control Floodlight
* 150 MPH Speedometer
* Trip Odometer w / Push-Button Reset
* Wood-Grain Instrument Cluster Applique
* Oil Pressure Gauge added for Full Instrumentation
B11 Heavy Duty Drum 11" Brakes, Front & Rear- Auto Adj.
C93 Shag Carpet class 1 short pile
D21 A833 4 Speed Manual w/ Hurst Floor Shift Linkage
D53 3.21/3.23:1 Rear Axle Ratio
D91 Sure Grip Differential
F23 50 Amp/Hour Battery 375 cca
FE5 Exterior Paint = Ralley Bright Red
H11 Front Heater w/ Defroster
J15 Cigar Lighter
T87 F70 x 14 Polyglass Raised White Letter Tires
V1X Full Vinyl Roof (Black)
V6X Longitudinal Sport Stripe (Black)
W34 Collapsible Spare Tire
Y11 Domestic Publications - Military Sales Order
Y09 Specifications for: Export Order
Y14 Sold Car
Y09 Y11 Y14 = Ordered by a US Service person from overseas for pickup on his return to the states at a dealership of his choice.
Y11 is 'Domestic Publications' ie, the plant to dealership invoice & original window sticker (publications) would have had a US (domestic) shipping address.
SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, Buyer Responsible For Pick Up
(Possible delivery to Mopar Nationals with deposit)
$1,000 non-refundable deposit via Paypal is required within 24 hours of purchase. Balance due within 7 days. Payment must be made in full before car is picked up.