1971 Duster Twister Tor red/Hemi orange V2 paint code Hi impact factory orange
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Duster
- SubModel: Twister
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 83,650
- VIN: VL29G1GB34XXXX
- Color: Orange
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Plymouth Duster
Please note: I just added the wing last weekend and some pics do not have the wing in it...and the grill is also restored with the correct Argent silver in the close up pic. as compared to the first pic...see the difference much cleaner, verynicethx!
Very cool 1971 and rare Duster "Twister" with the even more rare 71 onlyShark-tooth grill in great condition. The factory number matching drivetrain has been recently freshened and run well (only about 650 miles since built) upgraded with 340 spec heads for better flow and hardened seats, a 4bbl intake and new 4bbl carb with new headers. Runs strong and shifts tight, starts easily and runs cool. New hoses, thermostat, rad. serviced and brakes done.Drives anywhere. Car is ready to drive anywhere today! My cell 949-322-58 three one for more info. thx!
1971 Plymouth Duster Twister
- Real A51 code Twister (Twister was available in 71 and 72)
- Original Numbers matching 318 engine, rebuilt and upgraded with 340 heads, and 4 bbl intake and carburetor
- Automatic also Numbers matching
- The car was repainted oncein its original V2 Tor Red (also known as hemi orange) color, smallblems 8/10 driver/show.
- The vinyl top is the "original" 1971 top, some small original glue bumpsfrom 71 but no rust orsoft spots or tears...way to nice to replace for now.
- The engine was rebuilt in late 2016 (still fresh/break in oil just removed)
- New black seat upholstery with orange piping
- Very nice no crack soft dash pad
- New door panels
- Nice original headliner, shoulder belt option cars also still has them.
- New carpet set
- Original glass some wear light scratches and delamination bubbles, but very minor
- Re-chromed original straight bumpers, not re-pops
- The car has a modern radio, (not cut in dash, original radio in trunk also)
- Electronic ignition all new, module, coil pickup, dist. was just recurved to improve low end performance.
A51 Twister package included:The rare 1971 Shark tooth grille - shows some light normal wear but looks amazing for 46 years old
- Black hood treatment
- Twister side stripes with logo
- Twister rear stripe with logo
- Dual painted racing mirrors
- Rally wheels
- Chrome drip rail moldings
- Wheel opening moldings
- De Luxe interior
- New front brakes, rears serviced. stops good/straight
- Brand New Monroe front gas shocks
The car has the original dash vin tag, original fender tag, originaldoor vin sticker, and rad. core supports numbers.Straight and solid car, good fitment and gaps.Nice floors, nice subframes, nice originalpanels. NO RUST car. all metal! magnet sticks everywhere....Very nice paint, "for it's price point"shows some light wear and a couple very small paint blems, and maybe a small run or two where the paint was laided moreheavy below or edges of the body, still looks great, better than factory gaps and paint for sure, great chrome and interior.New 71 GO wing in the box...(correction! installed looks fantastic!! Done with correct OEM brackets and hardware from Dales Cuda shop justlast weekend...correctly mounted on the real "twister" factorydeck lid. $$
- VL29 = Duster
- G1B = 318, 1971, Hamtramck
- D32 auto trans
- 345432 = serial number
- EV2 = Hi impact Tor Red
- L4X9 = black vinyl bench seat interior
- TX9 = Black painted upper door frames
- 330 = built March 30, 1971
- 228620 = order number
- V1X = black vinyl top
- U = USA order
- A51 = Twister package
- G36 = Dual painted racing mirrors
- M21 = Chrome drip rail moldings
- R11 = am radio
- V8X = Sport Twister stripe rear
- V9X = Sport Twister stripes sides
Wiper switch islittle loose andwipers intermittently inop, may have time to fix before it leaves.Temp gauge is bit lazy/slow, runs quite cold,temp never goes above 185, verified with digital gun after drivesand it appears to have the largerfactory AC radiator with factory Pentastar PN.
Pics tell the rest!! Great solid straight body, please call if you have questions 949-322-58 three one.car can been seen daily,"sold as is" where isand I canstore it for up to 30 daysafter auction.Price: $ 21,500 obo I will assist/accommodate your shipper as needed.Also have a southern routecar shipperabout $850 to NC. or cheaper in-between. Cheers!I would confidently drive this car coast to coastfor fun.