1971 Plymouth Barracuda 383 Big Block Rotisserie Project Muscle Car
Price: - Item location: Barnhart, Missouri, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Barracuda
- Type: U/K
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 143,500
- VIN: bh23l1b275843
- Engine size: 6.3L 6286CC 383Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: U/K
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Plymouth Barracuda BaseHELLO!
My name is Alan Cleary.
I can be reached at 314-952-7355
My company is called Estate Auction Pros.
I am a licensed, professional auctioneer with an exemplary reputation in the auction community.
I have been hired to sell the assets of a Missouri couple who is in the process of divorcing.
I am listing for sale on eBay some of their many assets in order to provide them with proper asset exposure and transparency.
So please be sure to see my other eBay auction listings - you will be glad you did!
I will describe the items honestly and accurately to the best of my ability, but please know in advance, that I am relying heavily on the owner's item description.
If you have any further questions and would like to speak tothe owners,the husband can be reached at314-705-6400, the wife can be reached at 314-229-2653.
Please ask all questions prior to bidding and at least 12 hours before the auction ends.
If you have less than 25 positive feedbacks, you must first contact me for bidder approval before placing a bid.
Please know in advance thatthis item is available for local pick up only.
I will not be involved in making any kind of shipping arrangements on your behalf.
I want you to personally inspect the item before you make full payment, title transfers, and you take possession.
If you are the successful high bidder, I will require you to make a $1000.00 good faith deposit into my PayPal account.
After you personally inspect the item, I will ask that you pay the remaining balance in cash at that time.
Upon payment in full, you will receive a paid receipt and clear title.
We are honest and trustworthy and expect you to be the same.
We want you to feel comfortable about this transaction, so please feel free to bring along some help.
We will have several good people in attendance as well.
The item location is centrally located (approximately 30 - 40 minutes south of downtown St. Louis); is easy to find; and is easily accessible ( minutes from I-55 & I-44.)
Now that we have established our reputation and terms of the sale, please allow me to convey the owner's item description.
Please know in advance that the husband is a professional auto body repairman with 30+ years experience, who is currently employed by a large Chevrolet dealership in St. Louis, MO, is excellent at his craft, is a perfectionist by nature, believes in doing things right the first time, and was NEVER planning on selling this vehicle - he was going to the grave with it - so no shortcuts were taken in it's restoration process to date.
An educated guess was made by the owner as to the exact mileage for the odometer is buried within this project and was not accessible at time of photography.
The front seats, rear seats, engine, transmission are located in a separate building approximately 15 minutes from the body.
* 1971 Plymouth Barracuda* 383 Big Block* Slapstick Automatic* 8 3/4 Rear End* California Emissions Vehicle - removed & retained* Original Paint Color "Tawny Gold"*
* This classic muscle car was purchased by the husband in November, 1994 complete and in good driving condition.* He drove it for some time before he decided to restore it.* Recall, hewas NEVER planning on selling this vehicle - he was going to the grave with it - so no shortcuts were taken in it's restoration process to date.
* Only certified Mopar replacement parts were used in the body restoration to date
* Most of the rust and repair was confined to the rear end of the vehicle.* " Virtually everything from the rear package tray to the rear bumper is all new except for the tail light panel."* " All sheet metal was purchased from Harden's Muscle Car World located in Lexington, MO"* " Areas of the vehicle which the sheet metal was replaced:"- Outer quarter panels- Outer wheel houses- Complete rear floor and floor extensions- Rear frame rails- Left and right rockers- Main floor was in good condition except for a dollar size hole located under the front passenger seat. This was cut out and properly replaced with sheet metal.- Quarter size rust spots were removed and replaced near both windshield posts on cowl panel.- Dime size rust spots were removed and replaced on the front fender aprons - weld spots were drilled out, panels were removed, metal was welded back into the dime size rust spots,the area was rust proofed, and the panels were replaced.- After all areas of concern were addressed by this life long experienced auto body man, all panels were replaced, car body was completely rotisserized and thoroughly sand blasted - including the front suspension cradle / control arms.- Car never left the sand blasting shop before it was then primed with a self etching PPG primer in a climate controlled environment.- The whole underneath of the car, hood, jams, deck lid, doors have been painted, Curious Yellow, a 1971 Plymouth color option.
* "All the hard work has been done! You simply have to replace the doors and hood and this muscle car gem is ready to be painted."
* All of the suspension components are new: bearings, seals, etc.
* In the owner's opinion, the rear end needs to be rebuilt and all brakes, brake lines, and fuel lines should be replaced.
* A new gas tank has already been prefitted to the car.
* The previous owner claims to have "rebuilt" engine and transmission. Recall, the car was in good running condition prior to disassembly according to the current owners.
* This vehicle was always garaged.
* In the owner's opinion, the driver seat needs to be recovered.
* All trim and interior components are present and in "good" original condition.
Now you know as much about this vehicle as I do.
At this point you have to view the photos, call the owner for more complete answers to your questions, and bid accordingly.
I think we can all agree this car deserves to be brought back to life for it is a classic muscle car that has already received much love and attention.
Please know in advance, this project car is being sold As-Is, Where-Is, with NO expressed or implied warranties whatsoever with regards to it's completeness, drive-ability, safety, etc., etc....
No refunds, No returns.
Please feel free to call the owners with any further questions, for they will be glad to answer them honestly and accurately.
the husband can be reached at314-705-6400
the wife can be reached at 314-229-2653.
Thank you for your time and consideration!