1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 572 HEMI
Price: US $30,100.00 Item location: Woodstock, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Barracuda
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 1,000
- VIN: BH29H72280822
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 572 HEMI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Plymouth BarracudaUp for auction is my 1967 Formula S Barracuda with a 572ci HEMI! This car is a extremely fast street driven brute! She shows well, turns heads everywhere and scares old ladies! The car will run 10.15 wheels up on slicks and consistent 10.50's on drag radials. The car has great street manners and is highway driven using it's Gear Vendors overdrive. Please read below for full details of the build.
The car itself shows well. There are some chips and knicks in the paint because it is a street driven car. It has a fiberglass cowl induction hood and I have a fiberglass Hemi hood for it as well, but the scoop is ridiculously tall and needs to be cut down. The rest of the car is all steel. There is some rust through on the inside lower right structure of the trunk lid, that can't be seen when it's closed. Also, there is a small hole in the drivers and passengers floor foot well area that have been covered with sheet metal. I have not had any issues with it and don't drive it in the elements anyway. It has newly rechromed bumpers, new windshield and headliner. The car has been mini tubbed to the frame rails and has had the springs moved inboard. The interior has a race sheet metal dash using the original dash frame and dash pad. I will include a original rally dash cluster that will need to be restored. It has aftermarket gauges installed and a pair of race buckets (no back seat). There is a 6 point roll cage installed with 5 point harnesses. The drivetrain has about 1000 miles on it right now and is completely fresh. I have all of the paperwork from the build. You can not duplicate this car for what my reserve is set at!!! There is a full article on the car with pictures at: streetmusclemag.com search 1967 Barracuda
All parts are NEW!
Engine: 572 HEMI
The engine was built and dyno'd at Superior Automotive Engineering in Placentia, CA. It's a true pump gas motor with final compression ratio at 10.69. The engine dyno'd at 791.5HP@6400RPM and 772TQ@4500RPM
- Mopar siamese bore block- Eagle crank and rods- Diamond pistons thermal coated, Total Seal rings- Comp solid roller cam INT 649/ EX 632, duration @.050 INT 272/ EX 280- Milodon single line external oil system- Mopar aluminum cylinder heads, ported with stainless valves, Comp springs, titanium retainers.- Stage V rocker arms- aluminum valve covers- MSD distributor with MSD 7-AL ignition- ported Mopar cross ram with Holley carbs- Clevite bearings- all ARP bolts- Meziere electric water pump
- TTI coated headers 2 1/4 in primaries- electric cutouts- full 3in exhaust out the back
- the transmission is a full rollerized race build done by A&A out of Indiana using all top quality parts, including a Griner transbrake (not currently hooked up, I foot brake it) and Hughes stall converter. It has a Kevlar trans shield and is actuated by a B&M Pro Ratchet shifter. The car has a Gear Vendors overdrive unit installed and allows the car to drive down the highway running 62-65mph@2800RPM.
- Dana 60- Moser axles- Wilwood brakes- 4:30 gear
- 22 gallon fuel cell- Magnafuel 500 fuel pump/filter combo- full 1/2 braided lines- fuel regulator
- the front has a QA1 coil over front end, with tubular upper and lower arms and a manual steering rack. It drives like it's on rails!- the rear has Caltrac's with mono leaf springs and Rancho shocks.- Wilwood fornt and rear brakes with a line lock.
Wheels and Tires:
- Centerline wheels 15x10 rears and 15x4 fronts- Rear tires are MT Drag Radials 295/65r15 and the fronts are MT as well.
Car is located in Fontana on Geneva Lake, WI
Clean clear Wisconsin title in my name.
** Overseas buyers are welcome**
*** Wire transfers or cash accepted only. The car will not leave until funds are verified by my bank, NO EXCEPTIONS!***
*** $500 deposit due at auction end ***