1940 PLYMOUTH DELUXE P10
Price: US $4,350.00 Item location: Montoursville, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Other
- SubModel: Deluxe P10
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1940
- Mileage: 39,329
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: Flat head 6 Cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1940 Plymouth OtherFor Sale: 1940 Plymouth P10 Deluxe. Completely restored.
This car was purchased in 2006 and over 2 years was spent on the restoration. Following is a list of the restoration items that were done.
1. The frame and entire undercarriage was cleaned and checked for any breaks, cracks, or rust and repaired as needed.
2. The interior was completely removed and reupholstered and a new headliner and door welting was installed.
3. Period correct material with designs were used on the new material. All new carpeting was installed.
4. All "wood grain" trim around doors, windshield and rear window was removed and redone.
5. Radio was removed, repaired to working order and reinstalled.
6. Body was sanded to bare metal, any rust and metal repairs needed were done. Entire car was block sanded. Entire body was primed with 2 different primers, one for rust prevention and one for increasing color coat paint adhesion. Several coats of original color were applied as well as several coats of clear coat. Entire clear coat surface was wet sanded with 3000 grit sand paper after which car was buffed with 4 different grits of buffing compound resulting in a beautiful finish which recently won first place for antiques as well as best paint for the entire car show with over 200 cars being judged in the show.
7. New battery box and battery installed.
8. New plugs, points, condenser, rotor, distributer cap, and plug wires.
9. All wheel bearings were removed, cleaned, inspected, greased, and any needing replaced were replaced.
10. New pinion seal and new rear main engine seal. New gear oil in transmission and differential.
11. New hoses and belt.
12. Radiator and heater core were removed, repaired, and reinstalled. New thermostat.
13. All wheel cylinders and master cylinder were rebuilt. New brake linings front and rear.
14. Engine head was removed and block checked for straightness. Head was magnifluxed to check for cracks. Head was milled and replaced with new head gasket. Compression is very good and equal in all cylinders. Engine is a 1953 model and starts and runs very well.
15. Water pump, generator, starter, and fuel pump were rebuilt. New voltage regulator.
16. All new weather stripping was installed around doors and trunk. New fender welting as well as hood welting and new hood and rubber door bumpers.
17. New shock absorbers.
18. New clutch disk and throw out bearing.
19. Front and rear bumpers and bumper guards, all door handles, trunk handle, wiper eschusions, and most front and rear light frames were rechromed.
20. New whitewall tires.
21. Gas tank was removed, cleaned, protector sprayed on inside.
22. Front end alignment done.
23. New weather seals on all windows.
24. New running boards.
25. Horns and horn relay rebuilt.
Over $27,000.00 has been invested in this restoration
Over 16 trophies, either first, second or third place were won with this car at various car shows through the area over the last several years. Also, won trophy for best paint at a show with over 150 cars (new and restored).
I am fairly certain this car has 39302 original miles on it as shown on the odometer.
This car is being sold as. No warranty or guarantees implied or expressed.
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have about this car.