1968 Plymouth Satellite Custom
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Road Runner
- Type: U/K
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 77,000
- VIN: RH23F8A198183
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 6.3L 6286CC 383Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: U/K
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Power Steering, Power Brakes, CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Plymouth Road Runner BaseOriginally a California car, up for auction is my 1968 Plymouth Satellite custom that has a long list of custom updates:
- Paint: 2010 Ford Mustang GT500 Silver (Sterling Grey Metallic)
- Wheels: Boss 338 | Front wheels: 18x8 (Offset: +2mm, Backspace: 4 1/2") | Rear wheels: 18 x 9.5" (Offset: -4mm, Backspace: 5")
- Tires: Nitto NT-05 (245/40R18 / 285/35R18)
- Headlights: Ultima 5 3/4" LED Halo (white)
- Taillights: Custom LED kit (see here, and also hear it start up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9OtnMW5_8k)
- Engine: 383 4-speed Manual
- Exhaust: 3" w/ headers, x-pipe and Flowmaster 40s
- Seats: 2009 Challenger "Heritage Edition" front bucket seats with custom-skinned backseat
- Center Console: 2004 Cadillac Deville
- Hood Ornament: Ricker Designs Custom Fender Art
- Electric cooling fans
- Mopar forged aluminum valve covers and air cleaner
- New carpet and seatbelts
- New windshield
We restored the car about 5 years ago with a beautiful Ford metallic silver paint with a black hood and trunk stripe. You can see the video of the restoration here:
As you can see in the video above, we had fixed what little rust issues it did have as well as some minor collision damage in the rear before hitting it with the gorgeous Ford Sterling Gray Metallic.
Approximately 10k on the rebuilt front end, The 383 big block runs strong and has ~20k miles on it. Aftermarket CD player and speakers. Although it is always garaged, it is not a garage queen.............it's a strong, reliable cruiser that turns lots of heads and wins lots of awards.
It's got a small oil leak at the pan gasket, but other than that, it's a strong runner that sounds awesome and is a real head-turner.
Car is sold as-is and the winning bidder will have to pick it up or arrange shipping.