1964 Plymouth Savoy Hemi Street Strip Nostalgia Superstock
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Savoy
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 200
- Engine size: 636 cubic Inch All aluminum Hemi
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: 727 performance transmission
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Plymouth Savoy1964 Plymouth Savoy Hemi Street Strip Nostalgia Superstock
1964 Plymouth Hemi Savoy Nostalgia Superstock street / strip car. Car has been 8.92 at 153 mph on a few easy passes through the mufflers.Other than that it has a few moving around / street miles.It is fresh and ready to go.This car was built to be not only an ISCA quality show car, but a hard hitting street car and Nostalgia SuperStock Drag car all in one.This vehicle has all top shelf components and workmanship.Over $150,000 has been invested in this build.
636 cubic Inch All aluminum Hemi
Engine is fresh and built with all top shelf components. It was designed with durability in mind. It is a powerful engine but not a full tilt high RPM racing motor. It was designed with street-ability in mind as well as on track performance. It runs on racing fuel but not high end exotic fuels. Engine is fresh, with only a handful of quarter mile passes.
- Keith Black Aluminum Block, Raised Cam, Raised Deck
- CNC Ported Stage V. Millennium Cylinder heads by Modern Cylinder Head
- Custom fabricated Intake manifold by Modern Cylinder with billet CNC intake runners to transition from Oval to Square Port.
- 5 inch stroke Bryant Billet Crankshaft
- GRP Aluminum connecting rods
- Custom CP 12.5:1 compression Pistons 4.502 inch bore
- LSM custom grind cam 282 / 290 duration .800 lift on 115 LCA
- Keith Black adjustable billet aluminum oil pump
- Stage V Roller Rocker Arms and Billet rocker stands
- Manton pushrods, tool steel rocker adjusters, and rocker shafts
- Complete Jesel Belt drive system
- Comp elite roller lifters
- ATI balancer
- MSD billet distributer
- Custom fabricated super stock style oil pan with Billet CNC flange
- Manley triple valve springs with Titanium Retainers
- Xceldyne Titanium intake and exhaust valves
- CV remote oil filter mount
- All cometic gaskets
- MSD crank trigger and low mount high output alternator on billet mount
- Moroso vacuum pump with (22840) with regulator
- MSD hemi plug wires
- Mizziere billet aluminum electric water pump
- Quick fuel by BIGGS 1000 CFM vacuum secondary NSS carbs
- Stage v aluminum powder coated valve covers
- Accusump pre-oiling system
- Fully assembled/machine/dyno tuned by Best Machine Racing Engines
- 1060 Horsepower at 7200 RPM, 830 ft. pounds of torque
- Fully Rollerized 727 performance transmission built by Joels on Joy
- Billet Aluminum Griner Transbrake valve body with reverse pattern and clean neutral.
- Cast aluminum deep trans pan
- Steel rollerized planets, super sprag and hardened input shaft.
- ATI converter custom built for this application
- External trans cooler with Aeroquip plumbing.
- Shifted by Billet Aluminum PPP performance shifter. Car has complete air shift system which is RPM activated or can be shifted manually by hand.
- Shifter mounted Biondo transbrake button and Line lock button.
- Custom built hand fabricated Tig welded exhaust system.
- Headers are 2-3/4 inch stepped to 2-5/8 primary’s into 5 inch collector
- Exhaust is 5 inch oval tubing with Spin-Tech oval shootout mufflers
- Carbon Fiber transmission safety shield
- Entire exhaust system black high heat ceramic coated
Exhaust systems custom built headers wrap neatly around all the factory steering components. No dented tubes. Oval tubing was utilized to maintain ground clearance and still allow for maximum airflow and performance.
- Strange fabricated 9 inch rear end housing powder-coated black.
- Strange aluminum center section with 4:10 pro gear and spool
- Strange rifle drilled 40 spline heat treated axles
- Dynotech aluminum driveshaft
- 80 inch tig welded chrome moly Jerry Bickel style wheelie bars. Chrome plated.
- 4 wheel Lamb Performance billet caliper disc brakes
- Strange Master Cylinder
- Hurst Line Lock
- 25.5 Certification full Chrome Moly roll cage.
- Roll cage has been twice certified by NHRA. Current Cert valid until April 2018
- Cage/Chassis built by Crosswhite brothers, cage updated to 25.5 specs by AW racecars
- Car is tubbed and back halved with 4 link coil over suspension with Strange adjustable shocks.
- Front suspension is factory torsion bars, Fabricated upper control arms, Factory K frame (boxed for oil pan clearance) and factory steering
- Deist Parachute with removable mount. Parachute and mount can be unbolted and license plate mounted in its place.
- Roll cage was built to be able to accommodate a larger driver if necessary.
- Car weighs in 3050 in race trim with full fuel, exhaust and parachute. 2975 no chute/exhaust. Weight bias 48.2% rear, 51.8% front.
- Cage is NHRA legal to 7.50 ET. With a 25.5 cert you are ahead of the curve if NHRA increases its E.T. / cage safety requirements.
- 5 point RJS harness with cam-lock. Belts and window net are current SFI tagged/dated.
- Car has removable aluminum belly pan. Pan has oil absorbent material. This is to comply with most tracks now requiring oil containment devices.
Body / Paint
- Car was a rust free 1964 Plymouth Savoy.
- Arrow straight body, with custom all House of colors paint by Mcreary’s. Rotisserie painted with red paint in engine compartment, underneath, and trunk.
- Fiberglass hood, scoop, doors, fenders.
- Acid dipped lightened bumpers, chrome plated, and aluminum bumper mounting brackets
- Superstock aluminum door hinges.
- All trim work has been re-polished or re-chrome plated.
- Chrome plated super stock style single headlight grille
- All Lexan glass with factory glass windshield
- Car has VIN number, clear Michigan title, and is plated for street use
- Factory Dash all chrome plated by special T’s with integrated performance gauges
- Superstock Radio and Heater delete panels
- Removable steering wheel
- Gary Ball superstock Red door panels
- Beautiful custom carpet covering tubs and rear seat area
- New factory headliner
- Original superstock A-100 seats and brackets
- Be-Cool aluminum radiator extra wide 1000 horsepower cooling system
- SPAL dual electric fans
- Mezirie billet electronic water pump.
- This car will not overheat. Runs cool.
Fuel System / Plumbing
- Complete Aeromotive A-2000 fuel system with regulator, and stainless carb feed lines.
- Jazz fuel cell.
- All plumbing is Aeroquip hose with high end Aeroquip aluminum crimp-on fittings
- RacePak sportsman Data Acquisition system
- Measures Right and Left exhaust O2
- Measures Water Temp, oil pressure, vacuum, voltage, RPM, telemetry, fuel pressure, & G-force
- Has Racepak Digital gauges integrated into factory dash for Water temp, oil pressure, Voltage and fuel pressure
- Dedicated Laptop computer for Grid and Racepak included
- MSD power grid ignition system and Blaster coil. Grid controls Air shifter, Ignition functions and start retard.
- Billet aluminum Relay Panel from Leash electronics protects all circuits with Relays and fuses
- Custom made trick switch Panel with illuminated rocker switches for components and power windows. (Power windows not yet installed in doors)
- All wiring is wrapped in performance mesh. All components ground directly to battery. No chassis grounds were utilized in this car.
- Column mounted shift light and oil warning light
- Dual DEKA high output batteries in billet mounts
- Functional headlights, running lights, and brake lights.
- Weld billet magnum 1 piece front wheels. Magnum rear wheels drilled and screwed. All 4 wheels blue anodized.
- Mickey Thompson ET slicks 14.5 x 32 inch with Mickey Thompson front runners