1974 Plymouth Gold Duster 225 Slant 6 ** NO RESERVE **
Price: US $2,500.00 Item location: Jackson, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Duster
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Gold Duster
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 121,243
- VIN: VL29C4B320909
- Color: White with Black Stripe
- Engine size: 225 Slant 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: MP3, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Plymouth DusterThis is a gently used Duster that I purchased 2 years ago from a dealer in NH as a "mid-life crisis". My understanding of the car's history is that it was a southern car until the NH dealer got it. After changing the radiator, all of the filters, belts, and hoses, as well as the ballast resistor, my then 14 year-old daughter took it on a summer road trip from here at the Jersey Shore to the west coast and back. Since then, it's only been taken on "short trips" to upstate New York and Virginia to visit family. Unfortunately, we as a family have run on tough times and I need to sell the toy :(. Here is all of the info that I know about the car:
- Has glass pack exhaust. When I drive up to the pump or park in public, it's inevitable that someone will come up to me and ask "Whatcha got in there...a 340?" I explain that it's just a finely tuned slant 6... then they ask to see. The conversation turns to just how dependable these engines were and how you can't kill 'em.
- Odometer reads 21,243, but that's 121,243 due to age but doesn't matter. This car has been well taken care of. Actual may be slightly higher as I've driven it around so gas hasn't gone stale.
- If driven regularly, it will start every time with the turn of the key. If you leave it sit for a long period, you need to manually open the butterfly in the carb (it's the original) and it will fire right up!
- Will run fine on regular gas, but I put mid-grade (89 octane) due to the ethanol. The car averages 23 - 25 mpg on the open road!
- When I got the car, the previous owner hacked out an opening in the dash to put a radio and then removed the aftermarket one. I installed a Sony AM/FM/CD/MP3 with two (2) Kenwood speakers on the rear deck (which was replaced and insulated for the speakers).
- This is an amazing car for a daily driver! If you want to make it a show car, you'll need to do some work on the interior. It needs the headliner replaced as well as the front bench seat and the inside panels. I didn't do it as I wasn't showing the car.
- The torque converter was serviced ($1,700.00) as it was slipping when I received the car from the dealer. Problem solved,
- Minimal rust... but none through the body.
- Was stored inside a 15X20' storage shed from Thanksgiving 'til Easter every season since I've owned it.
Other than that, no real issues to think of. I do have the car for sale locally so I reserve the right to terminate the auction at any time if the car sells here.
This car is relisted from a prior auction. Serious bidders only please.
Please ask any and all questions prior to bidding. I will answer your questions promptly.
Good luck and happy bidding!!