1974 Plymouth Duster 225 Slant 6 Powerful and Dependable!
Price: US $1,060.00 Item location: Jackson, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Duster
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Gold Duster
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 21,243
- VIN: VL29C4B320909
- Color: White with Black Stripe
- Engine size: 225 Slant 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: MP3, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Plymouth DusterThis is a gently used Duster that I purchased 2 years ago from a dealer in NH as a "mid-life crisis". My understanding of the car's history is that it was a southern car until the NH dealer got it. After changing the radiator, all of the filters, belts, and hoses, as well as the ballast resistor, my then 14 year-old daughter took it on a summer road trip from here at the Jersey Shore to the west coast and back. We had a blast! Since then, it's only been taken on "short trips" to upstate New York and Virginia to visit family. Unfortunately, we as a family have run on tough times and I need to sell the toy :(. Here is all of the info that I know about the car:
- If driven regularly, it will start every time with the turn of the key. If you leave it sit for a long period, you need to manually open the butterfly in the carb (it's the original) and it will fire right up!
- Will run fine on regular gas, but I put mid-grade (89 octane) due to the ethanol. The car averages 23 - 25 mpg on the open road!
- When I got the car, the previous owner hacked out an opening in the dash to put a radio and then removed the aftermarket one. I installed a Sony AM/FM/CD/MP3 with two (2) Kenwood speakers on the rear deck (which was replaced and insulated for the speakers).
- This is an amazing car for a daily driver! If you want to make it a show car, you'll need to do some work on the interior. It needs the headliner replaced as well as the front bench seat and the inside panels. I didn't do it as I wasn't showing the car.
- The torque converter was serviced ($1,700.00) as it was slipping when I received the car from the dealer. Problem solved,
- Minimal rust... but none through the body.
- Was stored inside a 15X20' storage shed from Thanksgiving 'til Easter.
Other than that, no real issues to think of. I do have the car for sale locally so I reserve the right to terminate the auction at any time if the car sells here.
Please ask any questions prior to bidding. I will answer your questions promptly.
Good luck and happy bidding!!