1969 Plymouth GTX Convertible Clone
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: GTX
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 51,700
- VIN: RP27H96280666
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 440 with Edelbrock aluminum heads
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Plymouth GTXI am selling my 1969 PlymouthGTXconvertible due to a new baby. This is not a muscle car for the meek or timid as it is built for two things - going very fast in a straight line and looking strong while doing it.
The first person to $35,000 or more gets the car. There will be no negotiations. I own 7 muscle cars currently and have owned many more, so save yourself the time.
The VIN # is RP27H96280666. Based on VIN research, this car was originally a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere383. However, it has been a 440 since well before I owned it. I purchased it from a dealership in New Hampshire (owner’s summer vehicle) in 2006. The odometer has 51,700 miles. I put in a fresh 440 engine block in 2010 with Edelbrock aluminum heads which has less than 1,000 miles on it. I also added a handful of Han Solo-like "adjustments" to make sure any snotty nosed new BMW drivers or their Japanese counterparts with turbo props at the track smell your high Octane gas from the dual exhaust from a few car lengths in front. As a result, you can run consistent 12.95 - 13.20's in the quarter mile with 93 Octane and street tires. And then leave with a girl from the stands in a convertible...
Much like when these 1969 beasts came off the factory floor in Detroit, the car is not without a few small flaws. The steering wheel needs a new leather cover and there are some small holes in the seats (see pictures). The convertible top works perfectly but is not in perfect shape cosmetically (again see pictures). Age will do that to the best of us. The transmission is automatic.
The aforementioned adjustments, all done within the last year, include:
- Chassis Dynometer tuned engine, including carburetor jetting, acceleration fuel, and secondary timing
- Ignition tuned for rate of advance and total timing optimization, and ignition wire heat protective hardware was installed
- Suspension has been gone over and upgraded with Sport Sway Bar Set from Hotchkis Sport Suspension
- Rear differential replaced with a 3.55 Eaton Posi LSD
- Upgraded battery and resealed valve covers; starter internals and wiring have been upgraded to handle high compression of motor
- Replaced convertible top hardware and dash backlighting
Additionally, I am throwing in a set of 4 extra wheels with redline tires (see pictures) and a Custom California Car Cover built specifically for this car.
It has been garage kept as long as I've owned her.