1936 Plymouth Cabriolet RARE "See History" - Super Mopar Convertible Street Rod
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Other
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1936
- Mileage: 3,500
- VIN: P490110
- Color: Dessert Rose
- Engine size: 318 C.I.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1936 Plymouth Other Convertible
Just in time for Spring / summer cruises as well as power tours…
An Unbelievable “RARE” 36’ Plymouth Cabriolet custom Built by chrysler corporation for the 1936 tournament of roses “rose bowl parade. “Yes”, this was the 1936 roses bowl parade queen’s car!
Top Up or Down, it is a blast and one of the best built, best driving Street Rods I have had the pleasure to be a part of. Just throw the Kiddos in the Rumble-Seat, hit the key and take off.
The Beautiful Dessert Rose paint is very fitting given its Rose Bowl Parade Pedigree.
This is one of the rare opportunities that captures you and just makes you want it...It has Beautiful Straight Dessert Rose Paint, Burgundy Mercedes Leather, MOPAR Drivetrain with Automatic Transmission, ICE-COLD AIR and Looks AWESOME from every angle.
This car was built to a very high level of quality with the fantastic craftsmanship and materials…If YOU DO NOT LIKE WINNING & ATTENTION, THIS CAR IS NOT FOR YOU!!!
Please Take The Time To Read All Of The Details… You Will Not Be Disappointed!
Exterior: Has an Awesome curb appearance!
- VIN# P490110
- Paint: Dessert Rose Base / Clear (I would rate it 8.5 or better out of 10) it is Slick & Very Straight!
- Body: All STEEL Very nice with no cracks or accident areas.
- Bumpers: (Rear) Nice Condition, (Front) Nice Condition (no known flaws in either).
- Other Chrome / Stainless: Nice Condition.
- Grill: Nice Condition
- Door Handles: Nice Condition.
- Floor Pans: Solid and Very Nicely painted.
- Overall Body Fitment: The fitment and body lines are Awesome…Doors, trunk and hood shuts flawlessly.
- New Upholstery just Installed. The images do not come close to doing this car justice.
- Seats: Front Buckets (Adjustable) The upholstery shop refers to the material as Mercedes Trim Leather with Suede Trim for the pleated inserts.
- Carpet: Burgundy and very nice.
- Dash: The Paint is beautiful as are all of the polished bezels / trim.
- Steering Column / Wheel: Late Model Tilt wheel.
- Gauges: VDO and all Work as they should.
- Seatbelts: Custom match seat belts (Nice).
- Door Panels: Also new using the same materials as the seats.
- Glass: All was new with build… Power Windows go up / down well with all New felts and fuzzies and vertical rubber, etc. were installed during build.
- Dash Lights: All work as they should.
- Radio: Great sounding stereo system w/ CD Player.
· Trunk / Rumble Seat: The New Upholstery continues all the way through the car with the Rumble Seat being no exception
Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires:
- Front/Rear: Polished American Torque Thrust 2 Wheels (Rear) 17” x 8” & (Front) 17” x 7” front… Tires are Kumho (Rear) 215/55R17 - (Front) 205/45R17
- Frame / Undercarriage: The Frame was nicely painted Black as was the undercarriage. This was a Frame-off Built car.
- Front Suspension: Mustang 2 Type Suspension with Power Steering.
- Rear Suspension: Leaf Spring / Shock.
- Brakes: Power Disc brakes (Front) Drum Brakes (Rear). The car stops very straight and well.
- Engine: 318 C.I. /Edelbrock Intake and 4-Barrel Carb that runs out very Smooth and Fantastic
- Transmission: Torqueflite that shifts up and down flawlessly.
- Rear End: 10 Bolt with what appears to be a 3.08:1 Gear. It hits the interstate speeds very smoothly… it’s like touring in a late model convertible except with Thumbs Up everywhere you go!
Overall Condition: This 36’ Cabriolet is Very Nice in every way… It is sharp at every angle, it was a WELL-BUILT, WELL THOUGHT OUT Street Rod, an excellent driving machine, is mechanically sound and has an awesome curb appeal! You CAN DRIVE THIS CAR ANYWHERE and in any Weather…
It is a Great Investment As Well as hitting the road with the utmost confidence!!
If you are keeping up with the warp-speed trends of the Mid-30’ Convertibles, you know a few important key points… They are Extremely Popular, Very Collectable, Hard to Find, looks great and everybody envies their owners! Keep in mind, I am referring to A Part of AMERICANA Rose Bowl Parade History and not just a 36’ Plymouth! It is just simply a Cool Car!
I love the feel and sound of this car and would not be afraid to take it anywhere! The Mopar Drivetrain has the perfect blend of torque, smoothness with a light roaring sound through the exhaust. Hit the key and take off…it’s that simple. This is a car for many levels of competition, power-tours, or just simple family fun at the local shows or cruise-ins. A BIG FISH in any-size pond comes with the ownership of this machine.
This 36’ has 3,500 tested miles… It has been a Southern California car most all of its life before being shipped to Florida where it was modified as a street rod. It was well taken care of prior to its extensive high-cost construction. My friend who part-time lives in Florida bought the car, and tweaked a couple of things before bringing it to me just prior to the Street Rod Nationals South in Tennessee… We did not like the style of the existing upholstery and had it redone last month.
The body is fantastic with zero rust anywhere and very solid throughout… it took several years to build this car and the Craftsmanship really shows… It all works like it should, drives like you dream about a street rod should and is a Top-Down cruiser that can just go anywhere at any time by just getting in and hitting the key.
Things work as they should including but not limited to Headlights / Taillights, Signals, Interior Dash Gauges, Heat, Cold A/C, Speedometer, Wipers, Horn, Smooth shifting 3-Speed Automatic, etc.… The Car also comes with an extensive folder of manuals, component details, Rose Bowl Parade Info and receipts used in this build.
Is this car Perfect? No and none of them are… that said, I guess it is just a good thing to state a disclaimer but I know of nothing wrong or to report about the car.
Why am I selling it? Space, space, space… I am moving and have a significantly reduced amount of space until I get my new garage built.
I reserve the right to end this ad early due to having it for sale locally... I am pricing this car to sell and believe it will not last long so, do not hesitate to buy and please do so with absolute confidence! Please have finances in order prior to bidding as well. Purely as a hobby, I have been blessed over the last 17 years to share my cars with buyers all over the country and internationally and take tremendous efforts in keeping a 100% feedback…that said, I have tried to be honest and accurate in all descriptions. I encourage however all to inspect this vehicle if possible prior to bidding so that you can confirm my notes above or contact me with any questions at email@example.com or (865) 384-6017.
Note: I own this car with a friend from Georgia… I have a clear Georgia Tag Receipt and Bill of Sale for car in My friends name …I am not a business and this is a personal collection vehicle.
If you are the winning bidder, please expect to send a $2,500 deposit within 72 hours and have plans to pick the car up within 7 days. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer but I can assist with local direct carriers with both enclosed and open hauling available. If you have less than a positive 2 feedback, please contact me before bidding.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my car and GOOD LUCK!