1984 Peugeot 505 STI
Price: - Item location: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Make: Peugeot
- Model: 505
- SubModel: STI
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: STI sedan 4-door
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 127,303
- VIN: vf3ba41b1es345083
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 2.3L 2304CC l4 diesel OHV Turbocharged
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Biodiesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Navy Blue
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Peugeot 505 STIThis 1984 Peugeot 505 STI turbo diesel has 127K miles and fully equipped with power steering, power windows, power locks, power windows, sun roof (which does not leak), seat warmers, cruise control, cassette radio, and leather seats. This car runs well and has been dependable for the 10 years that I have owned it. I am the third owner of this car and it has been garage kept for 26 of its 32 years. I have many of the maintenance records spanning the lifetime of the car and it was clearly well maintained. I will freely admit that I am in love with this car and am only selling it because I'm moving out of state to an area that does not have any Peugeot mechanics. The asking price is $2500.
Cosmetically this car is in a fairly good shape. The paint is in decent condition with some thinning on the roof and rear trunk. There are a few door dings, a tear in the rubber of the rear bumper, and a couple pinhead sized spots of rust. There is 1.5 inch split in the stitching of the passenger seat (I purchased the car with this split and it hasn't gotten any worse in 10 years). There is a 2.5 inch split on the side of the driver seat. Silver trim strip is missing on rear driver side door. Included with the car are a few spare parts (replacement belts, Peugeot wheel covers, etc.)
If you purchase this car you will be owning a unique piece of history. This is a truly rare configuration of the 505 being a STI and turbo diesel with automatic transmission. This specific car was featured on an episode of Motorweek in a piece about biodiesel. Just search youtube for "Motorweek FYI: Homebrewed Biodiesel" and advance to time stamp 1:15.
Since owning this car, I have replaced:
1. brake vacuum pump and pump diaphragm
2. All four tires (currently only 8000 miles have been put on these tires rated for 45K miles)
3. All four wheels (When I purchased the car it still had the original wheels that required metric tires that had to be imported from Europe. I replaced them with another set of Peugeot wheels that were in inches. So now the car can accept standard size tires.
4. power steering rack and lines
5. all belts
6. coolant hose
7. brake master cylinder
9. brake pads
10. window switches
12. headlights and various other lights
13. fuel injector return lines (replaced with viton lines, so now the car can run on biodiesel as well as regular diesel fuel)
Things that need to be addressed:
1. AC compressor coil needs to be replaced
2. fuel pump needs to be resealed
3. rear driver side brake light and signal light needs to be replaced
4. rear attachments of glove box need to be reattached
5. rear locks work intermittently with the automatic switch (works fine manually). Locks should be replaced for consistent automatic operation.
6. Tip of the antenna is broken off but the radio still works fine.
This car is being sold "as is". It can be delivered for free within a 100 mile radius. Transport for any distance beyond 100 miles is the responsibility of the buyer. The winning bidder must pay a $300 deposit via paypal within 24 hours after the conclusion of the auction. The remainder of the payment must be made in cashat the time of pick-upor by bank-to-bank wire transfer.On Aug-31-16 at 16:36:38 PDT, seller added the following information:
PLEASE NOTE I HAVE ADDED LARGER PICTURES AT THE END OF THE SERIES, SO PLEASE CLICK THROUGH TO THE END.