Peugeot 604 SL ALL ORIGINAL 4 dr French Sedan Barn Find Leather PRV V6 Automatic
Price: US $2,025.00 Item location: Glendale, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Peugeot
- Model: 604
- SubModel: SL
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Luxury
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 96,000
- VIN: 604AA36550187
- Color: Light Beige Metalic
- Engine size: V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Peugeot 604 SLFor Sale 1977 (registered in 1978) Peugeot 604 four door sedan
V6 PRV gasoline engine, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes,
Known as the French version of the Mercedes luxury sedan. Used around the world by heads of state.
This well cared for original owner Peugeot 604 was stored in 1996 and is now cleaned up and running.
Only 96K original miles. A rare opportunity to own and show this original well preserved car.
Extensive online photo album can be viewed:
Photos include car as found after 20 year storage and then detail photos after we cleaned it up.
They're only ORIGINAL once.
It would take thousands of dollars to restore a lesser car to this condition
not to mention having to chase down hard to find missing parts. This car is complete.
- No accidents & no rust
- Extraordinary original condition, original paint (light beige metallic, possible paint code # 1129 or #516)
- Beautiful supple leather interior and perfect headliner
- All bright trim in excellent shape
- Bumpers excellent, no dents, rubber in perfect shape, no degradation from sun or ozone
- Excellent dash (no cracks)
- Very cool classic like new Dunlop radial tires from the late 90's (hold air, no cracks, have invoice from 90's)
- Starts right up, no smoke (carbs need rebuilding)
- Old fuel drained and replaced with fresh gas (no Grey Poupon in the tank)
- Automatic transmission shifts and goes into all gears. Road tested
- Power brake booster and all brakes work very well
- Lights, turn signals, power windows & clock work
- Air conditioning in place but not tested
- Cooling system will need to be gone through (old hoses and belts, Perrier has gone flat) but holds water and water pump is functioning.
- Original California Blue Plates with original Peugeot dealer license plate frame.
- Owners manual & some receipts. A couple old oil change service stickers on the drivers door jamb.
- Exterior designed by Italian firm of Pininfarina
- Interior design was credited to Paul Bracq, who you may know as BMW chief designer for the period including the E12 5-Series (see the similarity of the tail lights?)
Car is currently "non-op" status with the DMV but in the CA DMV system with no back fees due. This car was well cared for by the owners and is in very nice condition but considering that it has been stored for the last 20 years it should have a complete service performed before being returned to the road. I.E. you should not drive this car home, it should be carefully transported to a mechanic for recommissioning (rebuild carbs, service transmission, replace hoses/belts).
Please call with questions or to arrange an inspection. 949-722-1084
We will assist the buyer with domestic and international shipping or you may come pick it up directly.
The Peugeot 604 SL was the Presidential, Ministerial and Executive car in France and several other countries around the world. Its elegant, pure lines were designed by Pininfarina. Only 153,000 Peugeot 604 were ever produced, making it one of the rarest Peugeots. Its V6 PRV engine was also used in the Volvo 264, DeLorean DMC, Alpine Renault, Eagle Premier & Dodge Monaco. The automatic gearbox is no other than the Holden / GM Tri-Matic (easy to maintain). The Peugeot 604 is a rear wheel drive.