CitiCar electric car by Sebring Vanguard C-Car Commutacar Comutacar
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Trim: n/a
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 2,531
- VIN: 045SR1887
- Color: Red
- Engine size: Electric
- Fuel: Electric
- Drive type: Electric
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Seatbelts
- Options: Radio
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Other Makes
The CitiCar electric vehicle was manufactured in the 1970s by Sebring-Vanguard, nc, n Sebring, L. The CitiCar and its successor, he Comuta-Car, ere the most-produced American electric cars until the Tesla vehicles.
I bought this car as a spare project to work on. I have three other Citicars and have not had time to work on this one, o I’ll let someone else have all the fun. It would be a great winter project for someone.
There is a large online community for CitiCars and Comuta-Cars. Most spare parts are still available, ncluding the repair manuals.
The CitiCar has an aluminum frame and an ABS plastic body.
I want you to know what you are buying so here are the things I know about this car:
· This CitiCar is being sold AS IS.
· THE CAR COMES WITH A BILL OF SALE ONLY, O TITLE. We DO NOT HAVE a "rebuilt, ebuildable, econstructable" title, ut had to choose something . . .
· I DO NOT HAVE A KEY FOR THE CAR. Most locksmiths can impression a key for the car for around $30.
· The driver’s side door is missing some plastic on the inside-door still opens and closes fine.
· The metal frames in the side slide-in windows are in good shape but the plastic would need to be replaced for visibility while driving. (Most CitiCars don’t have these side windows at all. Most people drive their cars without these windows.)
· The batteries need to be replaced—they have sat too long.
· The charger is missing fuses and the power cord (both available at any hardware store).
· The body has some small cracks in the plastic, hich is normal for CitiCars.
· The bumpers in these cars did not hold up well. The front bumper is slightly damaged and the rear bumper is slightly bent, ut they are in better shape than most CitiCars.
· The radio faceplate needs to be glued back in place.
· To end on a good note, he seats and tires appear to be in good shape.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at 317-366-4777, r via eBay messaging, ith any questions you may have.
All bidders with a zero or negative feedback rating MUST e-mail us with their name, ddress and a verifiable phone number PRIOR to bidding or risk having their bid removed. A $500 down payment by PayPal must be paid within 48 hours of the close of the auction. The balance must be paid by certified check or cash within 7 days of the close of the auction. If the balance is not paid in total within 7 days, e will cancel the sale and file a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay.
Buyer is responsible for picking up the vehicle or arranging shipment. However, f you decide to have it shipped, e will be happy to assist with whatever we can do on our end. We only sell to the continental US. If no contact is made within 24 hours of the end of the auction, e reserve the right to re-list the vehicle, ell it to the next high bidder, r sell it otherwise.
If you are not sure about something, lease ASK. We’ve done our best to describe the overall mechanical and cosmetic condition of the vehicle, ut we do not claim to have done a complete visual or mechanical inspection. We’re selling this vehicle AS-IS. If you do not understand this or cannot accept this, hen please do not bid on the vehicle. We do not want you to be unhappy with your purchase but at the same time you have to understand what the definition of "AS-IS" means. It means sold without warranty. Please do not contact us after you have bought the car "as-is" and tell us you want us to warranty your vehicle.
Please do not bid on this auction unless you are serious about owning this vehicle. All non-paying high bidders will be reported to eBay, nd prosecuted to the full extent of interstate commerce law.