1981 Electric Comuta-Car *Great Condition* *Extra parts included*
Price: US $3,000.00 Item location: Tucumcari, New Mexico, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Model: Comuta-Car
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2-Door
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: n/a
- VIN: 1111B1C21BS000895
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 6 HP Electric
- Fuel: Electric
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Other Makes Comuta-CarI bought this 81 C-car in 2013. I spent a few months getting the title and registration cleared and in my name. It is Mustang or Metallic Blue as shown. I have a New Mexico title and it is registered and insured.I bought it for $3,300 and have the following mods:
- DEKA Pro Master 230 AH Batteries
- ALLTRAX Controller
- Battery Disconnect "SB350 Safe Manual Disconnect" @ evsource.
- Power cables replaced throughout with 2/0 stranded battery cables with soldered lugs
- Zivan NG1 Battery Charger
- Using old Serial-Parallel Switch as the Main Power Relay.
- Foot Throttle on floor
- Battery Capacity Meter Replaced with digital LED volt and ammeter
- Motor has double brush lead with red insulators
I have a tow bar to go with it along with many parts including, nother motor probably needing to be rewound. Also some 2/0 cable and lugs. See photos.
It needs a little bit of electrical work to repair the turn-signal switch, direct replacement is hard to find. I will include a spare which is not the same as the original and will require adapting to install.
Own a piece of electric car history, f you are unfamiliar with these great little electric cars here is a link to the Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citicar there is also a fan club site here:http://www.citicar.org/