1985 Mustang Convertible, 3.8L V6 Automatic, Full Power and Like New Condition
Price: - Item location: Clearwater, Florida, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: LX, 3.8L, Convertible, Automatic
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 99,807
- VIN: 1FABP2734FF168235
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 3.8L V 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Cruise Control
- Options: All electric Windows, Doors and Top, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Ford Mustang LX, 3.8L, Convertible, AutomaticHello everyone.
Well we thought we would never part with this little gem, but since we are now RV owners (pray for us), the time we had to enjoy this beautiful convertible was too limited. So.....
Up for sale is a "better than a survivor" 1985 Mustang LX Convertible with Automatic transmission, power steering, power assisted brakes (disc/drum) and power windows and a 3.8 liter V6 engine. It is that famous Ford Canyon Red with matching carpets (all original and in great shape), white naugahide seating interior in incredible shape and new white convertible top. Even the trunk shows nearly new and shows no real signs of use or abuse. The car shows no signs of any respray or body work and you cannot find a door ding or other cosmetic issue on the sides. It has never been in an accident or other body repair-required situation. Even the closest of inspection reveals a solid, unmolested and original vehicle. No, it is not a museum piece, just a wonderfully cared for classic "Four Eyes" Mustang.
We purchased this several years ago for a possible teenager to drive, but found it was in such incredible condition, well, we kept it for the adults. This was found on a car lot in Dunedin and was traded in by one of our famous snowbirds. It has never seen snow, salt or other wintry mix weather and was always covered down here. The prior owner looks to have also had it professionally rust proofed and you can see the small plastic plugged holes where the rust proofing wand went in. Why he did it when the car was never used in the winter, is anyone's guess, but your gain!
During our ownership, we have maintained it to like new or better than new condition. There is so much NEW on the car to list and all items have taken place in just the last few years, some even more recently. While the car shows a little of 99,000 miles on the odometer, it really has just about 7,000 on it after the engine rebuild and the other listed maintenance items. Virtually a new engine and vehicle that should serve its new owner for as long as they care to own it! These Fox Body cars are growing in value and one in this wonderful condition are rare, indeed. Perfect? No....but real close!
Here are some of its features:
1. All new high performance slightly over-sized Uniroyal Tiger Paw white wall tires (with new K & N high performance shocks). This gives this car incredible handling and is perhaps the best car in that category I have ever driven. You can take corners under acceleration and pull right through with no squeal or sway. Fun stuff, if that is your "thing." I am 68...that kind of "thing" for me ended about 20 years ago!2. All new front disc brakes and rotors/calipers and all new brake hoses, too. Less than 2,000 miles on new brakes!3. All new rear drum brakes and brake cylinders (just done!). Even fewer miles on those!4. All new front suspension tie rods (inner and outer) and bushings.5. All new power steering components, four wheel alignment and belts. The car drives perfectly straight down the road and the steering is tight and pin point accurate.6. New driveshaft U-joints and transmission mounts, The car idles smoothly with no vibration whatsoever.7. New Catalytic converter8, New starter ignition switch9. New water pump, water temperature sensor and EGR valves, oil pressure gauge switch, valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket.10. COMPLETE ENGINE REBUILD in 2011 with only about 7,100 miles on it since. Essentially, a new engine, perhaps better than new. The rebuild included a high performance cam shaft and new crankshaft and oil pump repair kit.11. Brand new white convertible top and more recently, new lift cylinders and motor. Comes with original Boot in excellent condition.12. All electric windows that work perfectly with new motors installed on rear windows. At some time in the past, a new tinted windshield was also installed. In perfect condition with no cracks, nicks or scratches.13. New red vinyl dash pad with Dash Cover for sun protection.14. New Kenwood Excelon Dash Receiver with USB, AUX and Bluetooth HD Radio plus new front dash and rear speakers.15. New high capacity radiator and full cooling system flush and new valve cover gasket.16. Cruise Control on the wheel and it works perfectly17. Tuned dual muffler exhaust system that produces a soft, subtle "growl" at idle but disappears to quiet under power.18. New high capacity radiator and hoses.19. All original and in perfect condition "wind vane" FULL wheel covers with NO curb rash of any kind. Beautiful.!
NOTE: The car came originally with air conditioning and it is still installed on the engine. Having rarely, if ever, been used (Hey...it's a convertible, put the top down already!), the compressor will need to be replaced, if you want. I have never needed to use it and one can be purchased for under $300 and is a shade tree mechanic's task. It sits right on top of the engine and can be replaced in about 45 minutes.
Folks, these in-demand Fox Body Mustangs, affectionately called "Four Eyes" (double front headlights) are getting harder and harder to find, and certainly not in this unmolested condition as stated. This "Pony" is a blast to drive and can be driven anywhere or used as a true classic car. Now being over 30 years old, at least on paper, it will only grow in value with time, but should be enjoyed for what it is...a fun, exciting, SAFE and performance driven vehicle. No, you will not be burning any rubber with it, but why would you want to?
While the vehicle is in superb condition after 33 years, it is not a trailer queen or museum piece so if you do find any minor imperfections, well, such is life as a car. It is a car that BEGS to be driven and enjoyed, though.If you have any questions, feel free to email me/call or check out the many photos I included. You are more than welcomed to stop by and actually DRIVE the car for the serious party.
Than you for your interest.