1968 Autocar Tractor ** 250 Cummins engine ** 13 Speed
Price: - Item location: Barnesville, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Model: Autocar
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 272,983
- VIN: AB003HBO-62697
- Engine size: 250 Cummins
- Fuel: Diesel
- Drive type: 13 Speed
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Other Makes Autocar- I have finally decided to sell my 1968 Autocar tractor. I have owned it for many years.
- It's a 1968 3 axle tractor. 250 Cummins engine with a 13 speed transmission and Hendrickson springs. The truck has a lot of aluminum- hood and front bumper. I don't think the cab or frame is almuminum. Those are very rare. The front fenders are fiberglass. It has a box sleeper. I installed it later. Missing the right front hub cap. This truck is all original. I had it painted about 10 years ago. Good 11x22.5 recaps tires.
- Runs good. Shifts great! Very fast on the highway (80 mph) But it rides like a tank.
- I will give you the history of this truck for the past 15 years. I traded an R-model Mack wrecker for this truck years ago. I used it around GA, moving my equipment trailers. Once a week. Then one summer I went to Michigan. Yes, I drove the Autocar myself, moving equipment. It was very hot in the cab. I found the box sleeper in Michigan and put it on. ( I thought it would look cool.) Then we moved back to Georgia that fall. And yes, I drove it back myself. I haven't used this truck in a few years. But I did drive it about 100 miles last month to a television show filming location. "The Walking Dead" rented it for an episode that is coming up early next year. I charged the batteries, started it up, filled it with fuel, and drove off. Ran perfect. Then a week later, went and got it. Started right up and drove home. No problems.
- You can drive this truck home. (Hopefully you don't live too far away). It is old, and rough riding. Remember this is a 50 year old truck. Sold "AS-IS". Bill of Sale ONLY, No title. The state of Georgia does not issue titles on vehicles 1986 or older.
- I am hoping someone will restore this truck and enjoy it as much as I have.
- Please call if you have any questions (770) 358-0029. Barnesville, GA (60 miles south of Atlanta)