1986 TVR 280i
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Model: 1986 TVR 280i Convertible: Tasmin Wedge
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 24,811
- VIN: SA9DH28P8GB019240
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.8L V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Other Makes 1986 TVR 280i Convertible: Tasmin Wedge Convertible 2-Door
1986 TVR 280i Convertible
Also known as the Tasmin & the Wedge
** Coming Out of a Private Collection from Georgia **
TVR 280i offers Hand-Built Exclusivity married to Ford Mechanical Reliability!
Your Chance to Own a High-Performance English Sports Car!
- The TVR Tasmin/280i originally debuted at the Belgian Motor Show in 1980, with productionrangingfrom '80-'87.
- This was the first in TVR's "Wedge" series- thebody style was radical changed from previousTVR modelswith hard angles & razor-edges.
- Total production of the V6 Wedges reached 1,167 cars; 862 of which were convertibles. It is estimated that 400-500 cars reached the U.S.
- The Tasmin/280i was not made available in the States until late '82, & thenTVR dropped Tasmin from the name in '83.
145-horsepower German Ford "Cologne" 2.8L V6, with Bosch Fuel Injection
- fyi- the German Ford V6 engine had been reduced from 160 to 145 horsepower in order to comply with strict US emission control regulations, and consequently the 0-60 mph increased from 7.8 to 10 seconds.
Convertible or Targa Top (can be stowed in trunk)
New Tires (less than 500 miles)
Extensive maintenance records, TVR 280i Workshop Manual & TVR Owners Handbook included (see pic)
Engine: OHV V6, cast-iron block & heads
Fuel System: Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Injection
Transmission: 4-Speed Ford Manual
Steering: Rack & Pinion
Performance: 0-60mph 10sec
Production: 862 Convertibles
Body: Steel Chassis & Fiberglass Body
Reasonable Offers Will Be Considered
Clear Georgia Title
Buyer is responsible for shipping, but will provide assistance if needed
with serious questions please call Jim @ 937-604-5966