INTERMECCANICA 1959 Porsche 356 Conv - Fully sorted/ready for summer. NO RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 60,000
- VIN: Ncs85039imi2280
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Other Makes
For those of you who know me, you know that because of my advancing age (BAD BACK), I have been selling off my cars - recently sold my Alfa, my Borgward, my Nash Healey, my MGB, my MG-TD, etc. Well, now it is time to sell off my Intermecannica, which I have hardly even been able to drive! I bought the car less than a year ago, right before winter came to the northeast. Because of winter/my back issues/and my selling off cars, I never even got around to registering it in Pennsylvania. It just must go along with everything else!
This car was built in 1996 as a special order for a gentleman in North Carolina. He sold it to another guy in North Carolina and I bought it from him. The car presents very well and is in very good condition. Lets start with the appearance of the car:
-The color is officially called "VolkenGrau (grey metallic), Color Code: VWL-V7N". (A good friend calls it metallic graphite).
- The contrasting interior, which makes a quite striking combination, is maroon leather- color code AI9274.
- The carpet is "original wood square weave carpeting, color: charcoal, color code: 317".
- The top is Haartz stayfast top with boot cover.
- Tires/wheels: 196/60 HR performance tires on 5.5" front and 7" widened rear chrome wheels
As for mechanicals:
- Special built 2100cc 1968 VW engine (this is my 4th Intermeccanica and I can tell you not only is this the fastest one BY FAR, but this car runs out REALLY WELL!
- 4 speed transmission.
- Dual circuit brakes - front disc and rear drums with larger size rear drums
- A/C, CFC free
- Nardi wood wheel
- Full flow oil cooler
- 15 gallon gas tank; 356A style low bumper guards; 356 style repro gauges; grab handle on dash; matching passenger side mirror; semi-auto power antennae; cigar lighter; Blaupunkt radio/cassette player.
- TITLE: North Carolina Title. (Specially Constructed): Year: 1959 Make: Pors Replica Body Style: CN
As for paperwork - this comes with the original specifications page from Intermeccanica; and a copy of the specifications and operating instructions from Intermeccanica.
So, about the car.................. It runs out beautifully - the built up engine revs very freely, pulls strongly and will surprise you! The transmission is a short-shift type unit with a 3.875:1 final drive - no issues with it. As you would expect from the guys at Intermeccanica, the handling of these cars is exceptional - better than the original 356s (which I've had two of) because of the engine being moved just a tad forward. Paint is great. A/C blows cold. Top is inexcellent condition. Tires and wheels are good, as are the brakes (the previous owner advised he replaceboth the pads and rotors (that would work out to about 1200 miles ago). Also, he replaced the clutch - that wouldnow be about 5 years ago.
So, all these great comments - what are the 'issues"? Well, there arereally only two of them thatI would address if I were keepingthe car(I'll give you the worst one first):
- driver's seat -picture #15 will clearly showhow much more wear/creasing/etc. the driver's seat has over the passenger's seat. In fact, it will show there is a tear in the seat bottom of the driver's seat. (The passenger's seat is much better). I talked with Intermeccanica (Robert Ruskey) and he advises that this material came from American Leather company, though they now use Spinneybeck Leathers, specifically their Volo brand leather - and that they should be able to help with new material.
- the emergency brake. (See thelast picture). There is a push button at the end of the lever - well, the button/spring has popped out and needs to be fixed. I haven't been driving the car and didn't really pay attention to it so I haven't discusses this with Intermeccanica, who I am sure can provide a replacement lever, or whatever itneeds.
That is pretty much it folks. As I said, because of my back I just haven't been driving it, but I did just take it on a "final" run and likeI said, it runs outreally well - a "zippy" car that looks great, and just needs a bit of TLC to theseat and the emergency brake.
Please note my EXCEPTIONAL feed back rating. I do not mess with people.The last two of these I sold went for $32K and $36K..............I don't know where this will sell, but take a look at the LOW starting price - AND NO RESERVE PRICE!!!!! I want it to sell (isn't doing me any good just sitting here).
Payment: $1,000 deposit thru PayPal, or cash within 24 hours. Balance by cash, or bankwire (UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE) within 3 days.
If you have any questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tks, Ray
Seller states that this vehicle has a clear title, Specially Constructed, is owned by the seller and that the vehicle is free from any liens, liabilities and any other claims. Seller has no knowledge of any hidden defects in and to the vehicle and believes, to the best of the seller's knowledge, that the vehicle being sold is in good operation condition. Vehicle is sold "as is", and is presented and offered with no guarantees expressed or implied.
Buyer to pay all taxes, feels and transportation costs.