1957 MERCURY TURNPIKE CRUISER
Price: US $15,755.55 Item location: Buford, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 91,500
- VIN: 57ME63146
- Engine size: V8
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Other MakesONE OF THE MOST UNIQUE CARS OF THE 1950's-CAR OF THEFUTURE!!!
- In mid year 1957 Mercury introduced America's "most changed car" - Turnpike Cruiser
- This was the"King of the Road" and "Shining Star" for Mercury in 1957
- It was "Jetsons meet Detroit" crammed with all the gadgets Mercury could imagine
- These unique styling cues and wide array of gadgets included "Merc-O-Matic" push button transmission, seats with memory, steering wheel flattened at the top for better view of the road, Dual Headlamps (where legal), electrically retractable rear window for "Breeze-way Ventilation" and twin air intakes at the top corners of the "Skylight Dual-Curve" windshield with a Jetsons like antenna sticking out on each side. This ventilation system was sometimes better than air conditioning !!!
- Safety features included : padded dashboard (the first of its kind), padded sunvisors, rubber housings for the tachometer and clock, deep-dish steering wheel and the wrapped around "V-angle" tail lights.
- This particular example of a Turnpike Cruiser that is currently for sale is :
- Nice rust free #3 driver quality car
- Good paint, chrome and interior
- Older restoration
- Original chrome (except rear which has been rechromed )
- 368 engine with no smoke or oil consumption
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Recent tune-up including rebuilt distributor
- Rebuilt front end (bushings, ball joints, tie rods, etc.)
- Precision front end alignment
- New exhaust
If you are looking for something different and want more information please call 404-245-0340,
Thanks for looking,