1963 Ford Thunderbird - Frame Off Restoration - 44k Miles - Gorgeous 390 T-Bird
Price: US $13,900.00 Item location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: Base Hardtop 2-Door
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 44,816
- VIN: 3Y83Z108089
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 6.4L 6391CC 390Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Ford ThunderbirdI have for sale a real nice 1963 Thunderbird, located in beautiful Dallas, Texas.
Here's all the info I've on the car, provided by the previous owner:
Car was a barn-stored/left vehicle back in early 2000's - The original owner then gifted it to his brother who wanted to restore the car. He started the restoration back in 2002 and the initial project took 4-5 years. (please check out pictures - car was stripped to bare metal, fully treated, prepped, done-right kind of work) Guy then kept playing/working on the car for another 5-6 years till until he passed away in 2015. His son (self-proclaimed to be more of a "Chevy Truck Guy") didn't quite appreciate this Ford and decided to sell it. I bought the car from him earlier this year with intention of enjoying it for a while finally letting it go to someone who will cherish and appreciate it even more... Car starts, runs, drives, stops fairly well and you can tell a lot of time and money was spent to bring the car to the shape it currently is. I literally have dozens and dozens of receipts/bills/invoices of the work & parts that went into this car (see pictures to get an idea) All that said, here are the highlights of the vehicle to the best of my knowledge:
- As per the previous owner - Car has the original motor, "older FE style engine - in which part of the manifold is cast-in to the cylinder head!?"
- Believed to be "Matching Numbers Car" I just don't know how to exactly verify this but I am happy to check, take & share pictures if you provide me the required guidance.
- Per the previous owner, the miles on the odometer (44,816 as of today) is original and it has not turned since the car has been sitting for many many years prior to the restoration and has been driven so little in the last 15 years as well!
- Rebuilt Carb & Transmission (Have receipts of the parts/work, I believe they are dated from 06 or 07 - but again, the car has been driven so rarely since then)
- All thewood-graininterior was imported from a Landau model Thunderbird during restoration
- No Factory AC - Radio Works - Power Seats/Windows Work - All electronics seem to work - Fairly new battery
- Windows and doors need some readjusting - The owner was a good mechanic but he wasn't a trained body-work man (per his son)
- Brakes may need some adjusting as well - as it pulls a little to the left when you brake hard
Well, this is about it, please feel free to ask any questions and I also certainly welcome any & all feedback/comments! As with any 53 year old vehicle, car is sold as-i, where-is but you can probably drive this car worry-free most anywhere unless you are going cross-country. (For what it's worth, I just took it for a nice hour-long, 40 mile trip just last week)
If you'd like to fly into Dallas to get the car, I'd be happy to pick you up from the airport - Alternatively, if you need the car transported to your home, just let me know and I can try to assist with shipping arrangements too.
Feel free to call or text me anytime on my cell @ 972. 97I - 3465 (Jim)
Thanks & God Bless!