1973 Opel GT w/extra parts lot
Price: US $1,375.00 Item location: Brea, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Opel
- Model: Other
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 82,000
- VIN: 773214815
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 1.9L SOHC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Opel OtherUp for auction is a ’73 Opel GT. Title is clear and registration is current. The car was purchased from a car lot about four years ago in inoperable condition, nd I've been slowly working on it. I am relocating, nd unable to continue with this project. The car is being sold as-is. It will require extensive restoration (definitely needs a nose clip), r can be used for parts. Several upgraded parts are installed in the vehicle. See below and photos for details. Exterior: As can be seen in the photos, t is far from perfect, articularly the front. Headlights do not turn over, ut buckets and covers are in good shape. There are several small dings and scrapes. The lower left corner of the rear windshield is rusted through and will need reconstruction (I have a spare body panel from that part of the car, s well as others). Tires need replacing. Rims on car are included. Engine: 1.9L SOHC, ater, ower compression pistons. The car does run/drive, ut I believe the #2 piston ring will need replacing. Original, -speed transmission shifts smoothly through the gears. Interior: All gauges work, ith the exception of the speedometer. The speedo cable or gear will need replacing; stopped working in July. The original clock works! It needs adjustment to keep accurate time, owever. Interior paneling is Opel GT Source reproduction, eplaced roughly four years ago, ith minor wear. Carpet was replaced about the same time. Shifter boot was replaced this year. Seats will need new covers and foam. Installed Upgrades: Koni Red shocks all around, ntermediate sport spring from Opel GT Source in the front, igger brake booster from OGTS, ront and rear sway bars installed. New, -point retractable seat belts. Extra parts:
- Two doors (left and right), ith glass and window mechanisms.(pictured)
- Spare front and rear windshield; front has a faint scratch from wiper arm looks like.
- Spare passenger side glass.
- Spare quarter windows, eft and right; pop-out style.
- Miscellaneous body panels from a donor car; rear panel, ear trim strip, couple fenders, as tank…(pictured)
- Spare intake and exhaust manifold.
- Extra rear axle, pins freely.
- Extra motor; head is toast, ut the block is still usable, ith older style aluminum oil pan.
- Extra dash panel, inus gauges, ncut!
- Original radio, ot sure if working, ut needs restoring.
- Full set of original rims for that model year, ncluding a 5th for spare; not perfect, ill need some TLC.
- Spare headlamp covers.(pictured)
- Spare arm rests. (pictured)
- Spare heater/blower unit. (pictured)
- Spare driver side, ower heat vent. (pictured)
- Spare front rotors and rear brake drums.
- New roll of window track for doors, nused.
- New roll of lower window scraper for doors, nused.
- New front running light gaskets, nused.
- New rear windshield gasket and chrome insert, nused.
- New RH rear view mirror, nused.
- Front brake pads, nused.
- Two 30-gallon totes full of miscellaneous parts, uts, olts, lectrical, tc.
I am also including the 1972 Opel Factory Service manual and another, ess extensive repair guide.
I will do my best to keep the posting updated as I sift through the spare parts. If you have any questions, r requests for more photos, lease contact me.Buyer will be responsible for pick-up of vehicle and extra items. The vehicle DOES run, ut I would not advise driving it long distance due to tire wear. NOTE: The car will also be listed for private sale.I reserve the right to cancel the auction at any time.