Rare 1938 Oldsmobile 8 cylinder L38 Rumble Seat Convertible
Price: US $59,999.00 Item location: Northern Adirondacks, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Oldsmobile
- Model: L-38
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1938
- Mileage: 44000
- Color: Tan
- Engine size: 8 cyl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1938 Oldsmobile L-381938 Oldsmobile L38 Rumble Seat Convertible.
- This 1938 Oldsmobile L38 is one of very few remaining convertibles featuring a rumble seat from this model year.
- This car has the sharp looking period desirable dual side-mounts openings.
- The car had been with the last owner for 30 years and has reportedly been driven just 500 miles since it was restored a few years after his time of his acquisition.
- Super Low production according to researched Oldsmobile information. Research shows it to be one of 475 total examples produced.
- How many are left in existence?
- Therare 8 cylinder hood ornament comes with the car and was just re chromed.
- The 257ci L-head straight-eight is backed by a three speed manual transmission.
- In 2016, $4,000. in work included cleaning the fuel tank, lines, and carburetor.
- One of very few remaining convertibles from this model yea, no side-mount wheel covers are available.
- The top, chrome, and wide whitewall tires were all renewed during the restoration, and the car has reportedly been kept in a heated garage since. Inside, the upholstery, carpets, and door panels all appear to be in good condition for their age.
- The older repaint is said to show some crazing, and the lower grille surround is painted black instead of the Nassau body color.
- The dashboard controls are reported to work, and the 43k indicated miles is assumed to be accurate.
- The 257ci L-head straight-eight produced 110 hp in stock form and is linked to a three speed manual transmission.
- Work conducted in 2016 included cleaning the gas tank, refurbishing the fuel lines, servicing the carburetor, and more.
- The bare metal data plate is correct for pre-war GM cars and verifies both the body style, and original Nassau Cream color. ABclassics.com