1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 Convertible
Price: - Item location: Millfield, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Oldsmobile
- Model: Eighty-Eight
- SubModel: Jetstar 88 Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 130,184
- VIN: 834L061076
- Color: Thitain Yellow
- Engine size: 330
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Oldsmobile Eighty-EightI am selling my 1964 Jetstar 88 convertible. There were only 3903 Jetstar 88 Convertibles ever made in 1964 making this a very rare car from a production standpoint.I purchased this car over a decade ago and had intended to restore it but never got around to it. I have simply enjoyed it as a daily driver.
It has the factory 330ci engine and runs fine (This is the same CI motor that is in the 1964 Cutlass 442). I updated the distributor to an hei.
The car is in overall fair/good shape and could use a restoration or just some cleaning up.It is ready to go as a daily driver. Just jump in and go.
The current color is Tahitian Yellow but it looks as though it was painted blue at one time.
There are a few things that would need attention if you ever expect it to garnish a trophy at the local car show.The Hagerty valuation of the 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 Convertible is $10,700 for a car in #4 "Fair" condition and $16,100 for a car in #3 "Good" condition.
While I would consider this a #4 car, the reserve on this car is well below the #4 value
Odometer reads 30,184 so I'm guessing it is actually 130,184 miles.
Unlike many people who try to sell you a used car on Ebay, listing all of the great things and letting you find out all of the bad things after you purchase it..... I will try to list all of the bad things so that you know what your are getting in the first place.
There are several more pictures below...just scroll down.
- There is some surface rust in places (deck lid, quarters, bottom of doors)
- The passenger side hydraulic cylinder (or the hose fitting) is leaking making it difficult to automatically put the top up and down.
- It has some major rust through in the rear driver-side of the frame that could use a patch
- There is a patch toward the driver-side front of the frame that a previous owner welded in.
- The driver side door has a little bit of sag to it..
- The interior is a bit weathered
- The radio does not work
- There is no glove box liner
- The rear bumper has some rust through
- The speedometer clicks a little bit
- There are a few small holes (the size of a nickel) along the seams on the top.
- Brake pedal/brake light needs adjusted
- New sway bar bushings
- New Transmission filter and fluid changes
- New HEI distributor
- New Choke
- Power steering works great....can easily steer/turn car with your pinky
- Power Brakes work fine
I can hold onto the car for 1 month while shipping arrangementsare made (i've bought and sold and shipped vehicles before. I know that not being in a rush can save you some money)
I will only ship to the Continental US. If you want to purchase the car and require it to be shipped overseas, you will need to contact me first.
A deposit will be required within 48 hours of winning purchase through paypal.
The car is located in Southeast Ohio near Athens and is available for inspection/Test drive.If you would like additional pictures, please contact me through ebay and specify what areas of the car you would like pics of.