1971 cutlass supreme convertible
- Condition: Used
- Make: Oldsmobile
- Model: Cutlass
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 122,000
- VIN: 12345678909876543
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Solid car that has spent it's entire life here in Durham, NC. You can see in the pics the only rust on the car and the car runs and drives great. I drove it everyday for 3 months last year when my daily driver's transmission went out.
The following has been done to the car over the last 7 years:
· Sport Steering wheel upgrade with original parts
· Install stock clock in place of clock delete (converted to quartz, very accurate)
· Install dash carpet for protection
· New blinker lever
· Replace one rear window crank that broke with used part
· Aftermarket gauges (oil pressure, water temp, volts), glued on, no screw holes
· Mini tach (mounted to gauge cluster)
· Front steering linkage all new including tie rod ends, tie rods, crosslink and idler. All US made moog parts.
· Polyurethane front sway bar bushings and end links. (Energy Suspension)
· New rear shocks (Monroe air shocks, adjustable with valve behind license plate)
· New rear springs
· New factory correct rear sway bar from OPG (like it came on the 442)
· New lower rear control arm bushings (4)
· Box rear control arms with kit from OPG (like it came on the 442); factory original looking stitch welds done by machine shop. These boxed arms were sand blasted and painted, look 100% factory.
· New rubber brake lines (front and back)
· Performance friction pads front
· New shoes back
· new wheel cylinders
· Bleed brakes with ATE blue (2004)
· New short block from Napa (standard transmission crank, small dish pistons)
· Compression 9:1 (measured compression, heads were shaved .030”)
· Head job with 3 angle valve job and new silicon bronze guides by local machine shop.
· Comp Cam High Energy 260H mild cam (torque!)
· Comp Cam roller rocker kit (comp cam part # 1441, includes rockers, pushrods, guides, studs and nuts, no machining to heads)
· Edelbrock high performance valve springs
· New melling stock oil pump
· Double roller timing chain (Summit)
· HEI conversion (using rebuilt HEI distributor)
· Distributor advance set up on dyno at local speed shop and set up for engine / car spec.
· All new engine peripherals
o New oil dipstick tube
o New Waterpump
o New fuel pump
o New hoses and belts
o New thermostat (165 degrees)
o New high torque starter, small, high dollar aftermarket unit (2004)
o New motor mounts
o New balancer (2002)
· New cap rotor and wires, plugs
· Raised stock air cleaner with spacer to clear HEI 15
· Put new sticker “olds rocket 350”
· Update choke to electrical (but not hooked up)
· New voltage regulator
· Replaced upper door hinge pins.
· Added wheel center caps (one is since missing)
· rear bumper with dual cutouts.
· All new repro taillight lenses and backup lenses.
· New rubber bumpers behind license plate door
· New bumper bolts.
· Replaced door mirror with better used one.
· Aluminized 2 1/4" duals with new stock trumpet tips.
· Stock hanger locations.
· Stock block off for manifold crossover
· Mufflers: Dynomax Turbo. Mild but impressive sound.
· B&M shift kit (set on RV setting, milder than "strip" setting)
· B&M deep cast aluminum finned pan (adds two quarts of fluid)
· New input shaft seal (when engine was out)
· New hi-beam headlight switch
Obviously, the seats will need attention and the paint is very old and needs to be addressed. I have know or owned this car since the late 70's when bought from the original owner.
This car is sold as is without any warranties expressed are implied. Please ask questions before bidding if anything is not clear to you. This car is for sale locally and therefore I reserve the right to end this auction early.I WILL NOT ALLOW ANY BIDDERS WITH LESS THAN 5 FEEDBACKS OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK TO BID ON MY VEHICLE WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FIRST TO DISCUSS THE SALE.
$500 deposit due within 24 hours of close of auction.