1993 NISSAN 300zx TWIN TURBO CONVERTIBLE NEVER MADE BY NISSAN RARE ONE OF A KIND
Price: US $2,225.00 Item location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 300ZX
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 171,222
- VIN: JN1RZ27H4PX003234
- Color: White
- Engine size: V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Nissan 300ZXI have up for sale my very rare, nique, uper fast, nbsp;1993 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo Convertible. Nissan never made a twin turbo in a convertible so I bought a convertible, nd put a Twin Turbo motor in it. Not just any Twin Turbo motor, imported this one from Japan out of a 1998 300zx with 60k miles. The Z's were only made here in the U.S. until 96, ut in Japan they were made until 99 and they had approx 30 more horsepower than our Z's here. The JDM motors have less pollution control devices, s well as having bigger fuel injectors. You can physically see that the fuel injectors on this are the bigger ones if you compare it with a US MKT motor.
This is a rare 2 owner car, ith a clean CARFAX with no accident history. The first owner kept the car for approx 12 years, nd I kept it for approx 10 years.
The entire mechanical work was done approximately 4 years ago, ut the car has barely been driven more than 4,000 miles since. All mechanical work was done by a Nissan Mechanic who works at O'Neil Nissan in Warminster PA. He used to own a shop on the side where he did custom builds like this car. He quit that business in the last year and only works at the Nissan dealership now.
All the parts were bought brand new and with less than 4,000 miles since the build, hey are basically still like new. I have listed everything I can remember below. The car sits in a nice climate controlled insulated garage all year round and is only insured and driven once a month in nice weather. Never seen rain or snow in my ownership.
Engine + Mechanical
- Imported from Japan, 1998 300zx Twin Turbo Engine with 60k miles: The motor was lightly rebuilt. Did not undergo a full rebuild because it simply did not need it due to the low miles, ut while it was out of the car many internals were replaced with OEM parts and the heads were re-machined and new head gasket was installed, s well as every single rubber gasket associated with the motor was replaced. I think there's 30+ total gaskets. All 6 new fuel injectors. All 6 new ignition coils. Iridium Spark Plugs. Crank position sensors, nock sensors, 2 sensors. All OEM. There were many other things replaced having to do with the engine that I simply cannot remember right now. For the most part - the engine is bone stock and was kept this way for reliability. The twin turbos are also OEM Nissan and function 100%. This engine work and swap had the car in the shop for over 1 year. Took the time and did it right while ordering the right parts along the way.
- Kept the rear differential and N/A transmission for the longer gearing ratios
- Mishimoto Radiator and piping
- HKS Catback Exhaust (just installed this month, rand new)
- HKS dual Blow off valves (sounds awesome!)
- GReddy downpipes
- Z1 motorsports pre-cats (No Catalytic converters)
- GReddy Boost controller
- Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Fuel Pump
- Brand new OEM Nissan Intercoolers
- Brand new OEM engine wiring harness (this is a common problem pain point for all 300zx's)
- RPS Stage 2 clutch with new clutch lines and new slave cylinder
- Short throw shifter
- All fluids were changed in the car twice since the rebuild including a coolant flush, iff flush, rans flush, nd oil, ust to stay fresh.
- Car has only been ran on Sunoco 93 octane. Needless to say, t does not drip a drop of fluid or smoke or anything of the sort. It runs and drives like a brand new car. Even if I don't drive it for months, t starts right up each time without a trace of smoke coming out of the mufflers
- Axiss 19inch wheels, taggered, n above average great condition
- 4 brand new tires just replaced this month, ront: 235/35/19 Rear: 275/30/19
- Slotted and Cross Drilled Brake Rotors on OEM Nissan pads and calipers. This car came with the factory bigger brake option
- Intrax Sport Springs
- Tokiko basic OEM replacement shocks
- Several control arm bushings were replaced, can't recall which ones, ut if they were showing age, hey were replaced
- Entire vehicle was repainted by a reputable body shop. Kept the factory color of Pearl White. Matched excellent. They repaired some dings and dents during the process. The car has no rust.
- Carbon fiber Z1 motorsports air ducts in the front bumper replaced the fog lights to keep the intercoolers cool
- The seats were re-done in 2 tone leather/vinyl and suede. The gray on the seats and arm rest is suede. The off-white is the leather/vinyl. Went with off-white to match the color of the car. Seats look great
- Brand new convertible softop. The top is fully manual - didn't make it automatic back then. Top functions 100%.
- Momo Italy shift knob and carbon fiber shift boot
- JDM Front clear turn signals - OEM Nissan
- JDM Rear tail lights - OEM Nissan
- Interior speakers replaced with Pioneed 4 way speakers. Trunk has a Rockford Fosgate amplifier powering a 10inch Pioneer subwoofer.
- Autometer white face Boost Gauge in Left A pillar
- Vehicle has a "emergency vehicle" strobe light kit currently installed in the rear reverse light sockets and the front high beams. The strobe lights are clear. Cool for car shows. They were removed from a cop car. It is the Whalen system which has all replacement parts available on eBay if you ever were to need a replacement bulb, tc. This is not a permanent thing and no holes were drilled in the lights to install. Can be removed very easily in minutes if you don't care for it. The switches to activate them are under the arm rest
- One of a kind SUPER RARE car that was never made. Cost me somewhere around $30,000 out the door to build this car. I have owned it 10 years and just ready for a change. Nothing wrong with it, ust ready to move on to a new project.
- Super fast car that is fun to drive.
- Mechanically, he car needs nothing
- Turns lots of heads and starts conversations anywhere you go
- RARE Collectors care with clean carfax history and just 2 owners
- This will only go up in value from here
The imperfections you should know about:
- The car is a 1993 and garage kept and while I treat it like a show car, ou may not agree that it is a show car based on how picky you are. It does have minor cosmetic flaws that can't really be shown in an eBay ad. Please come check it out in person if you are picky.
- It has a few chips and marks on the front bumper and maybe elsewhere I haven't noticed. Has some scuffs on interior parts as well, ainly on the rear deck where the top sits. I did not get carried away replacing all that stuff. You may chose to do it, r leave it alone like I did.
- The top of the steering wheel has a lot of wear on it, o I covered it with an aftermarket leather wrap. You can have a professional repair the wrap on the steering wheel to make it look brand new if this bothers you.
- The engine bay is dirty and looks like it hasn't been washed in 10 years, nd that is because I have never washed it and am too scared to put water on it. If I took it to car shows, probably would have cleaned it somewhow. Don't expect a clean looking engine when you pick it up. If you are OK with hosing water all over your engine, ou can do that after you buy it.
- The radio just stopped working. It turns on for a few seconds and turns off. If I have the time, will put a new radio in it. I don't care for sound so much, o it will just be a regular name brand head unit, othing crazy.
- The car's RPM gauge stopped working recently, o I bought a new gauge cluster from a junk yard with the closest mileage I could find to what I had. I just got the inspection done at 171,000 miles and that is what is documented on carfax and the car's stock gauge cluster. I just installed a new one with 167,000 miles, o that is what the dash reads at the moment. No I'm not trying to rollback the odometer here, f I was that kind of guy I would have put one in there with 60,000 miles, ot 167k.
- I have the car PA Classic Tagged. Means I don't have to do emissions inspection. If you do not tag it as a Classic, nd your state has emissions testings, hen you will have to remove the pre-cats I have bolted on, nd install 2 catalytic converters. Best thing to do is just register it as a classic in your state. Also in regards to passing safety inspection, f you state requires it like PA does, ou will need to plug in the reverse light bulbs which can be done in 2 mins, nd plug in the high beam bulbs as well. Right now I have strobe light bulbs sitting in those sockets.
- That's all I can think of for now as for the bad. I don't drive this car much at all and it is a 4th car to me. If I recall anything else I will add it to this listing. I strongly urge and want any serious buyer to meet me before the auction ends so I can show you the car. Please ask any questions and try to see the car before the auction ends. This isn't your typical car.
- Understand you are buying a used car - not a brand new car.
- Buyer must send a paypal deposit of $1,000 within 24 hours of auction close.
- Buyer must pay for in full within 7 days of auction close.
- Buyer must either pick the car up in person within 7 days, r have your shipping company come pick it up within 10 days of auction close.
- Please email me with any questions you may have and I'll be happy to answer them.
- I have been buying and selling cars and car parts on eBay for 15 years. I have sold 5 of my personal BMW's in the last 4 years on eBay with no complaints. My feedback speaks for itself! Buy with confidence!