1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo 5-speed Pearl White
Price: - Item location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 300ZX
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Twin Turbo
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 124,953
- VIN: JN1CZ24H9PX535217
- Color: White
- Engine size: VG30DETT
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin TurboI don't want to start with the typical "I hate to do this" or "it pains me to see it go" so I won't. I will say this was one of the toughest decisions I've had to make in a long time. I've owned this Z since May 2007 and enjoyed every day of ownership (3rd owner). I loved these cars since they first came out on the showroom floor and was lucky enough to own one for a short time.
Long story short, my family has "grown up" and a two seater makes it difficult. I rented a 2009 GTR and found the combination of a four seater with some power is a nice option. That got me into looking at some of the newer models. After some thought, that's become my future goal and I don't have room for three cars, or a wife who'll put up with it.
When I bought it the previous owner in Kentucky, he was the first owner and had taken the car to almost full completion but for some reason decided to sell it for family reasons. He asked me to give him dibs if I ever decided to sell it and I did, but he started playing the "I'm not so sure I'm interested game" - so his chance is wasted. I've done some finishing and made some changes that I will list from what it came to me as and hopefully remember all I've done to it since. Nothing major.
I have an answer almost any question you might have. Thanks for looking and I hope this finds a good owner that knows what they're getting themselves into. The car came with a salvage title from a year out of ownership due to insurance fraud committed by the first owner.
This is what the car was when I bought it:
1993 Pearl White 5-speed manual transmission with 124,453 on the chassis. 120K service completed at ~115K miles approx. 1.5 years ago.
- Exterior moldings has been replace with New OEM/Kumura Door moldings, T-tops, headlight moldings etc.
- 1999 j-spec wing
- Stillen (108820) Nose Panel - Louvered
- Stillen stainless dual tip exhaust
- JWT ECU epprom
- JWT Dual pop with dual maf
- Lightweight UD pulley
- All rubber hoses replaced with OEM
- New OEM motor mount
- New OEM Water Temp Sensor, Oil pressure Sensor
- Block Inspected and acid dipped
- Block redecked
- Heads inspected and cleaned
- Heads Pressure Tested
- Heads redecked
- Ported exhaust and intake runners
- New OEM Valve stem seals
- Heads prepped and assembled
- New OEM Cam Seals
- New OEM Head Gaskets
- New OEM Oil Pump
- New OEM Oil Pump Gasket
- Engine will come with Heads bolted to block and torqued to spec
- HD valve springs, and JWT cam sprocket adaptors
- New OEM Hydraulic Lifters
- SpecialtyZ Turbo Oil Line Kit
- New OEM master/slave cylinder.
What I've done since owning:
- 1999 j-spec clear tail lights
- New 120k Kit done at 115k (~1.5 years ago)
- No engine mods / changes.
- Installed RPS Max Street Clutch with aluminium flywheel about 4 years ago. I would be willing to swap it back to the Specialty Z High - 5 puck clutch clutch but not very friendly as a street driver. Too much chatter / rev matching.
- New input shaft bearing and pilot bushing. Did them while I was there installing the RPS Max clutch. Cleaned the tranny, driveshaft, and exhaust.
- Routine oil changes with Royal Purple and OEM Nissan filters.
- Some new energy suspension bushings. I bought the entire kit and still have the rest of the bushings.
- New Z1 Performance Big Brake upgrade kit with ceramic brake pads
- Z-rated BFG 285/30/19's all around. I was looking for something with the most traction I good get and the BFG's seemed like a pretty good choice.
- 17 x 9 5Zigen FN01R-c Bronze
Issues / Needs
- Hood needs to be color matches to Pearl White - including two additional aluminum hoods in Pearl White
- Small rust on driver side rear quarter panel and beneath side skirt
- Drivers side Stillen door panel moulding / filler could be better secured. Not falling off but moving a bit.
- Steering wheel and shift knob could use a rewrap.
- Front fascia and rear bumper need attention
- Previous owner never really did a great job mounting the turbo timer and boost controller. Never got to that. Not hideous but should be - done with a little more attention.
- Whatever general maintenance items I have (oil filters, parts, etc.) will come with the sale. I have some other items (straight pipes, z1 stainless-down pipes, hood trim etc.) I was planning to install but never got around to. These items can be discussed if necessary.
- Including rare Jspec OEM fitted car cover (~$450)
- Including original chrome OEM USDM-spec wheels and tires.
- Including original OEM USDM-spec tail lights.
- Extra set of OEM twin turbo springs
- Currently has about 124kish on the clock. Always in heated storage in the off season.
In summary, this is not a flawless representation of a Z but I have always liked the tasteful mods that were done to it. I'm happy to provide answers to questions to the best of my ability.
I will not accept payment plans, promises, trades, or offers. Cash or certified bank check required to view car in-person. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer though I can recommend services and coordinate as needed. I will be listing this locally and at our local cars and coffee meet as well. Dyno results are 385whp on 93 octane and 440whp on Q16 with chip (from Specialty Z run). I prefer not to sell this to a "novice" as it's a little more car than a beginner can / should handle. I will deny a sale if I feel it's going to be wrapped around a tree in a week. I DO NOT want that to happen to this car.
I have plenty of pics and paperwork to go with it and will be happy to give them all to the new owner. Due to the age of the vehicle and the nature of the sale, I must disclose that this vehicle is being offered as-is.