Autocross/Track/Drift Nissan 240SX (S13)
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 240SX
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: LE
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 84,782
- VIN: JN1MS36P0MW009790
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.5L KA24DE
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Nissan 240SX
1991 Nissan 240SX LE hatchback
Price on inquiry. Call Adam at (830) 515-8263.
Check out more more photos and videos (in car autocross and cold start): Go to thedrivenart.com and click on "Inventory"
- 84,782 original miles
- KA24DE 2.5L DOHC I-4 / FS5W71C 5-speed manual
- VIN # JN1MS36P0MW009790
- Built for SCCA D-Street Prepared class autocross
- With welded sunroof panel and proper safety equipment
– eligible for SCCA Improved Touring-S club racing
- Not registered… no emissions equipment…. No
E-brake… NOT a street car, although lights/wipers/horn
and power windowswork.Clear TX title.
- “Ten foot car”… not a concours winner. Meant to clip
cones… and rub fenders, although I never got around
to the latter.
- Rich tune for mid/hi-range power… tiny underdriven battery…
so yes, it takes a little while to start, but it always does,
andwithout smoke (see video).
- Stored indoors, covered, on tender, started once a week.
- Don’t have the time to run anymore.
- Including the original purchase price, my receipts total $39,966...
And I have all of them.
- Purchased used in 2008 with 84,535 miles for $3,000.
- 2008 – 2013: Spent $30,000replacing, rebuilding, fabricating,
andupgrading virtuallyevery component allowed by SCCA
StreetPrepared /ImprovedTouring rules, and anything else
that prevented the car fromfunctioning flawlessly.
- 2013 – 2016: Entered in 31 autocross events. Added 247 miles
(currently at 84,782 miles), mostly driven on and off the
trailer.$7,000 spent in paint, more shakedowns,
tires/wheels, andprofessional maintenance.
- Stock 84,782-mile long block KA24DE with rebuilt head (3
angle valve job/ported/polished).
- Rebuilt and port-matched OE variable-vane intake manifold,
$$$ EGR block-off,generic high-flow cone air filter
- Cooling system pressure-flushed & cleaned, most hoses
replaced, filtered water/Water Wetter, gutted thermostat
- New aluminum high-capacity Mishimoto radiator with dual
electric Flex-A-Lite fans, new OE overflow reservoir
- OBX underdrive pulley, new front main seal, new belts, new
plugs,new fuel filter
- Nismo RS661 clutch-pack style mechanical 4.08 LSD, new
- Air conditioning removal
- Jim Wolf ECU, 21 lb battery
- Cast aluminum oil pan & SR20-style baffled sump
- Synthetic engine, transmission, and rear differential fluids
- DC Sports 4-2-1 header into custom 2.25/3” exhaust with
resonator and muffler (easily passes SCCA mandate of
95 dB at 50’ test)
- Always run/stored with 93 pump gas, ethanol/stabilizing
treatment, Lucas cleaner & octane booster
- Nismo hard rubber engine/trans mounts, Megan hard rubber rear subframe inserts
- New wheel bearings, ARP extra-long studs, and Gorilla open wheel nuts at each corner
- New rotors, reman calipers with Speed Bleeders, Goodrich stainless lines, and Hawk HP+ pads at each corner
Front rotors/calipers upgrade to ABS-size (no ABS)
New master cylinder, Wilwood EXP 600+ fluid
Cooling ducts to front brakes
- Reman steering rack (included new inner/outer tie rods)
- 4-wheel coilover setup with custom-fabricated elements
Koni 8641 (f)/8040 (r) rebound-adjustable dampers
Ground Control threaded perches with Eibach 425# (f)/250# (r) coils, new trimmed OE bumpstops
Stance pillowball front plates/Tein pillowball rear plates
- Progress 27mm (f) / 22mm (r) adjustable anti-roll bars with adjustable heim-joint links and poly mount bushings
- Front epoxy-painted LCAs with new rubber bushings and ball joints
- Front epoxy-painted tension rods with Whiteline caster-adjustable poly bushings
- Rear epoxy-painted LCAs with Whiteline poly bushings
- Rear powder-coated UCAs with Whitleline camber-adjustable poly bushings
- Rear powder-coated toe rods with Whiteline poly bushings
- New eccentric camber bolts and washers
- 59-asphalt autocross run Bridgestone RE71R 245/40-17 tires on 17x9" ET +22 STR 606 rims (22 lbs/ea)
- Latest alignment/corner weight (January 2016):
Total weight 2713 (w/ 140lb driver & ~1/8th tank fuel)
LF 767 RF 732
LR 626 RR 588
Cross 50.1 %
Front camber L/R -4.0o/-3.9o
Caster L/R 7.0o/7.3o
Rear camber L/R -1.8o/-1.8o
Front total toe out -0.13o
Rear total toe in 0.13o
Testing and tuning found optimum tire pressures, shock and bar settings for current setup, ask for logs.
- 2013 1-stage black repaint
- Rolled stock fenders with liners removed
- Pushbutton starter, clutch ignition interlock delete, manual fan switch
- Removal of sun visors, stereo components, rear seats, and sunroof
- Kirkey Series 39 Aluminum 14” seat, custom adaptation to OE sliders and G-force 5-link harness
- 4- OE 15x6 alloy rims on all-season rubber for transport/storage
- 1- Corner of ARP studs/nuts
- 1- Pr new outer tie rods
- 1- Pr OE FLCAs
- 1- Pr OE RUCAs
- 1- Pr OE rear traction rods
- OE ECU
- Centric rear disc brake hardware
- Misc. hoses/gaskets/bushings
- Braille aluminum 11lb battery hold down
- IT-legal marineboard front splitter
- Weathercraft all-weather HD car cover
- Soloperformance magnetic numbers/letters
- Chassis and powertrain rebuilt by TLM Motorsports in Miami, FL.
- Splitter, brake ducts, fender rolling, and tire/wheel fitment testing by Laivins Race Cars in Austin, TX.
- Repaint by Slix Collision, Restoration, and Custom Paint in Canyon Lake, TX.
- Cooling system and exhaust work by Lone Star Radiator and Lee Dixon Auto Repair in San Antonio, TX.
- Maintenance, tire mounting, and alignments/corner weighting by SoulSpeed Performance in Austin, TX.