Nissan 300zx "T" top. 53,000 miles. California car No rust
Price: US $4,000.00 Item location: Winsted, Connecticut, United States
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 300ZX
- Type: "T" top, 2+2
- Trim: "T" top, 2+2
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 52,669
- VIN: JN1HZ16s2EX022896
- Engine size: 6 cyl
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Nissan 300ZXWas father's car in California. My wife wanted it so shipped here.. Pretty much pristine when we received it. Never used on salty roads. The only wear here is from it sitting around, not getting used. Low mileage tires. And now the story.
My wife loves it but we really cannot afford to have a car like this with our 1/2 mile dirt driveway. Too much anxiety to keep it un-scraped and do not want to use in anytime near winter with CT salt roads.
So it sits in barn all winter. Second winter, mice ate some of the wiring. No instruments and erratic running. Mechanic #1 quit after about four months and untold hours hrs and a load of parts we probably didn't need. We then trucked it to Nissan specialist - really good who, about $5000.00 latter gave us back the Z car in good running condition. All the time spend in repair shop(s) took a toll on the car for scratches..
Finally convinced my wife we really don't need it.
There are some things to be aware of. We did try to show all the things that you might point a finger at.
1) Tonneau bracket (to keep it stretched) is missing on one side.
2) New cable needed for inside release of rear hatch. I have a secondary cable that opens it but if you use the original lever, be gentle. Better to use key.
3) There are a couple pieces of interior trim that go somewhere that I haven't found yet.
4) I just checked off "Leather seats" but I have a hard time calling Naugahyde, "leather". The upholstery is in really good shape except for one place, shown in pictures.
I'll update as I answer questions and maybe see what I missed.