Nissan Z car "T" top. 54,000 miles. California car No rust
Price: US $4,500.00 Item location: Winsted, Connecticut, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 300ZX
- SubModel: 300ZX
- Type: T - Top
- Trim: T-top 2+2
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 52,669
- VIN: JN1HZ16s2EX022896
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 6 cy. Non-turbo
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD Auto
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Nissan 300ZX 300ZXT top 2+2. Metallic grey, 52,669 mi, All Power, Auto, T top. Alloy Wheels, 2 Dr, 6 Cyl. Was father's car in California. Never used on salty roads. The only wear here is from it sitting around, not getting used. Low mileage tires. And now the story.
As I said., it was my father's car in CA. Pretty much pristine when we received it. .
My wife loves it but we really cannot afford to have a car like this with our 1/2 mile dirt driveway. Too much anxiety to keep it un-scraped and do not want to use in anytime near winter with CT salt roads.
So it sits in barn all winter. Second winter, mice ate some of the wiring. No instruments and erratic running. Mechanic #1 quit after about four months and untold hours hrs and a load of parts we probably didn't need. We then trucked it to Nissan specialist - really good who, about $5000.00 latter gave us back the Z car in good running condition. All the time spend in repair shop(s) took a toll on the car for scratches and stains on carpeting.
Finally convinced my wife we really don't need it.
There are some things to be aware of. We did try to show all the things that you might point a finger at.
1) Tonneau bracket (to keep it stretched) is missing on one side.
2) New cable needed for rear hatch. I have a secondary cable that opens it but if you use the original lever, be gentle.
3) There are a couple pieces of interior trim that go somewhere that I haven't found yet.
4) I just checked off "Leather seats" but I have a hard time calling Naugahyde, "leather". The upholstery is in really good shape except for one place, shown in pictures.
I'll update as I answer questions and maybe see what I missed.