1959 59 Nash Metropolitan Mini Micro Car 1.5L 4 cyl 3 speed manual FUN TO DRIVE!
Price: US $1,100.00 Item location: Mount Morris, Michigan, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nash
- Model: 562
- Trim: T900
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 65,000
- VIN: G5377
- Color: White
- Engine size: 1.5L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Nash 5621959 Nash Metropolitan - Great condition and fun to drive!!!!!!
You are looking / bidding on a 1959 Nash Metropolitan. Micro cars are gaining in popularity and this is a must have if you like these cars!!!!!
Car runs and drives great, no issues and ready to go just have fun. I am no expert on these cars, so please ask questions or feel free to share comments as I will post for others to read (if applicable)
Specifics of the car:
- Body is in great shape. a few small bubbles forming on the drivers door (see picture)
- Very bottom of rockers has a little surface rust. Not rusted through, but want to mention it (see picture)
- Underside still has factory undercoating. A few spots where the undercoating has fallen off and little surface is showing (see pictures)
- I included one picture of the support under the car right in front of the passenger side spring hanger, there is some rust, but it is still solid. I would address that eventually before it becomes a problem.
- Paint looks great. I am not sure if the paint is original or been resprayed. I am leaning towards resprayed.
- Turquoise paint has some small pits which show white paint underneath. The seam between rear quarter and trunk area has been touched up.
- Quarter, doors, rockers and fenders are solid. No filler or patches from looking under the car.
- Floors, braces, etc. are all solid with no rust issues and look to be original to the car.
- Battery area is rust free. No damage to due to past corroded battery, etc.
- Underhood / inner fender structure is solid. No rust issues and that it original paint.
- Inside trunk - No rust issues and all original paint
- Chrome bumpers are nice shape, but chrome is showing some age as these could be the original bumpers.
- Weather stripping looks to be in good shape and interior shows no signs of water leaks, etc. due to seals
- Seat is in good condition, no rips or tears. Not sure if it is original pattern or not.
- Door panels nice.
- Dash and gauges, switches, etc. all work and look nice
- Odometer reads 65000K and being told from previous owner those are original miles. Sorry, no documentation
- Glass in good shape. Windows roll up and down as they should
- Back seat area in great shape
- Rubber floor mat is nice
- Headliner in great shape. No holes, discoloration, etc.
- Vehicle has 1.5L 4 cylinder engine and runs good.
- 3 speed manual transmission and shifts as it should.
- Clutch pedal feels fine, no slipping.
- Brakes stop the car just fine
- Goes down the road at 55+ great
- New muffler
- Aftermarket fuel pressure regulator / electric fuel pump was added.
- All hoses look in good shape
- Generator works fine and charges battery, operates lights, etc. with no issue
- Tires look good, but do have some dry cracks. Would eventually replace.
- Vehicle is located in Mt Morris, MI and can be viewed by appointment or fly in a drive home
- Can assist in loading.
- For Sale locally and reserve the right to end auction early, unless reserve has been met. At that point, will sell to highest bidder.
- I am no expert, so please ask questions and review pictures.
Thanks for looking.